Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Tire install

Ok, is it just me or do you guys also get an uneasy feeling when you hand the keys of your baby to the teenage tire tech at the local tire store for mount and balance? Hmm heard them goose the motor a couple of times

Old 10-15-2010, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by e170drvr View Post
Ok, is it just me or do you guys also get an uneasy feeling when you hand the keys of your baby to the teenage tire tech at the local tire store for mount and balance? Hmm heard them goose the motor a couple of times
Last time I changed them, I took the wheels down to the dudes. No way will some young testosterone-laiden kid sit behind the front wheel of my baby and leave a sticky mess on the headliner.

Oh, and the guy asked: "Are those chrome beauty rims on the wheels?". I about kneed him in the groin until he realized his mistake. He then said: "Oh......nice wheels!". Of course the Porsche emblem end caps weren't on so he didn't really know what he had in his hands.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i refuse to let any sefish little punks near my car period.

they will take advantage of the situation and they have no clue whatsoever.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I take the wheels off, clean and remove the old weights, and bring them to the tire shop.
I politely let them know that if they F*** one up they will buy me a new one.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3799 View Post
i take the wheels off, clean and remove the old weights, and bring them to the tire shop.
I politely let them know that if they f*** one up they will buy me a new one.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Well last couple sets of tires, I just brought them the wheels and tires. Went out this morning and decided I didn't have the energy to do "the dance" this time, so I just brought it in and watched them like a hawk the whole time. Turns out they did a nice job. First guys to finally get the front wheels perfectly balanced! The attitude was real good, you could tell they really liked the car. I also made an effort to not come across as a D-bag, probably helped.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
First time since I have owned the car (5 years) I have ever let anyone touch her.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Pete, good idea about removing the weights!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3799
i take the wheels off, clean and remove the old weights, and bring them to the tire shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
+1
+100

ant that is one of the reason I got this;

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 10-15-2010, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3799

+100

ant that is one of the reason I got this;

Excuse the thread hijack....cool lift thingy! Hydraulically operated? Stout enough for the task? Sure would simplify engine removal etc. Where did you get it?
And now, back to your regularly scheduled station......
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I'm thinking the same thing Mark, I haven't seen a scissor lift go that high and have been researching a 2 post for my new garage, it looks like the back crossmember of the lift might get in the way when dropping and engine and gearbox though...
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 10-15-2010, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Arrow Made in North America, not China

Mark

Check post 5 of Hemi Roadrunner Scissor Lift for more pics but the whole thread is good too and you'll see one of my winter project (SSIs + M&K 2in/2out)

Got it from The Lift Super Store - About Us

I'm sure e170drvr wont mind as it should be his next buy

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 10-15-2010, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing screw this thread let's talk about that lift!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Arrow That's the spirit...

OK...

Made in Canada with US components. It's hydraulic on either 110 or 220. The motor is a Baldor Industrial one, we use Baldor motor in the Navy... top of the line. The Pump is Monarch, also well rate it. The cylinder and hoses are made in Canada.

It's a mid-rise and will lift 6,000 Lb to 54". Of course unlike a 2 Posts you wont be able walk straight up underneath but I only had 9' clearance so that was the only viable option.

I can sit under the car with a foot clearance above my head (I'm 5'7"'). Also because I have a cab, I can go all the way up without interference of the garage door opener (which is actually inside the car as seen on the pics).

It's $1800 + taxes + delivery. I order mine on a Tuesday and get it on Thursday.

It has a 2 years warranty, BenPack was more expensive with only one year warranty.

They do have have a delivery point from the US and the price maybe a bit lower.

Having been burn by the usual half fast shop work, I decide to get one and with the help of this forum I'm doing all the repairs myself, from full brake job, to SSI's and muffler replacement. It would pay for itself in less then a year.

As it will lift 6.000 lb, even my Odyssey will ride up (just enough to clear the tires) when I'll need to put the winter tire on

I'll field any question publicly or by PM. No affiliation but just love it.

Oh yeah, one more thing... you can get one from Harbor Fright... made in China with a 90 days warranty so on the 91th day, maybe you should not work under need the car

Old 10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: