Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

3.6 turbo salvage

I have found a badly damaged 3.6 turbo that I am considering taking on as a project.

The car was apparently spun over a median and has bent chassis/ suspension components etc.

In order to evaluate whether it would be worth taking on the project I would really like to find out if anyone knows of a 3.6 turbo in a salvage yard anywhere that I could use as a parts car. From what I can see from PET and the 3.6 turbo repair manual a lot of the parts cross over from the standard c2 and c4 models but there are a fair number that do not.

Does anyone know with certainty how different the chassis is on the 3.6 turbo to the standard cars?

Thanks
MB

Old 10-19-2010, 02:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
DP935 member

I would check with LA Porsche Dismantlers in Southern California first. They have had a few of these cars in their place.

Good luck on the project if you decide to take it on.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Bolt the drivetrain and associated electronics into a standard 964, 993 or G50 carrera and have some serious fun.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have a pair of 965 rear quarter panels, rocker panels and shark fin still left over from my project. jdorociak@gmail.com Jim
Old 10-19-2010, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I did this conversion.
If the mechanicals are ok ,you can transplant them into a 964 C-2 . You would probably want to convert it to a wide body . I doubt you can find another wrecked 3.6T so this would be the best way . How much of the 3.6T is usable?
Elliot

Old 10-19-2010, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: