Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1154 rwhp..............

More details coming in, so far what I know; In preparation for the Texas Mile, the Bello camp has been squeezing more and more power out of the power plant, the latest number is 1154.7 RWHP @ 28 Psi of Boost, I have requested a lot of info, so we can brain storm about those numbers

Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Juan, are the new fuel pumps keeping up?

I really want to swing up there and check the place out
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Yes Sir fuel dept is good with more to go, as I understand they have stopped all activities and what they have is what they run, they will continue after the Texas Mile. We have committed to another 1/4 mile event on Nov 20 in Bradenton if anyone wants to join, is a European event

FixxFest - European Auto Event - Bradenton Motorsports Park Florida
Old 10-20-2010, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
R.I.P.

yeah, i'll be at fixxfest and good luck in Texas
Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Juan ruiz......................1154 HP is amazing. That guy with the 2 million plus dollar Bugatti Veyron is going wonder if he steped on the brakes. What size injectors and what octane you using? I have 2 turbos that have been around 750 rwhp @ 22psi w/110 leaded. One was just upgraded from 85 lb injectors to 96 lbs in anticipation of raising the boost up somewhat. The builder( Bob Norwood) says the ITB fed 3.5 cylinders should take 30 psi if enough fuel can be delivered. SO.... just thought I'd ask and/or follow your progress with your boost levels now already @ 28 psi. Mine has poor idle @ much under 22000 or so but who cares as it is not a grocery getter. I'm getting myself phyched to take it to a shop that has a hub dyno as a roller seems scary to me with that much grunt. Anyone else any ideas??? Thanks

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-20-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
and as promise................

voitureltd is on E 85 Turpike Fuel but that's not my car. I don't know the injector size, but I know they are 12 of them with massive fuel rails. I'm just a Fan

Old 10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

juan ruiz,.... your response "Voiture is on E85 turnpike fuel"?????? I do not understand. I use 110 leaded as sold @ Road America race track. I was just explaining the parameters of this car so far and looking into what others have done. As I said the one built by Bob Norwood "he has established 138 world records mostly with turbocharged motors in most racing venues" mentioned that with more fuel the cylinders, ( and the rest of the motor ), will take 30psi. So far with 85 lb injectors 22psi was the limit hence the swapping to 96lb injectors. Maybe going to two injectors per cylinder would be better especially for better low end tune. However i am where I am so any information would be appreciated. I surely wish my dyno sheet was where yours is assuming it will stay together on the runs. I could send mine down,for your magic touch ,as we northern HP junkies generally hit the Florida circuit when the snow begins to fly if you are reluctant on specifics as I could fully understand. My other one was done in Florida, billing thru Jarvis, however that may not have as much potential as it is a single turbo and not ITB, however power output is similar between the two, as are the parameters of the octane & PSI when dynoed. Note,, Jarvis sheet says cylinders will take up to 30 psi also and now that one still will idle @around 1200 in the street gas setting so I may just leave that one alone as Perfect Power of Chicago just recieved multiple thousands to get it somewhat civilized to use.Thanks Tony@VoitureLTD. Anyway YOUR CAR IS BEYOND IMPRESSIVE.

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-20-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
R.I.P.

You have to use the Juan to english translation guide.

"Voiture is on E85 turnpike fuel" means "Voiture, Eddie is on E85 from the turnpike station" which indicates it's no special race blend.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
You have to use the Juan to english translation guide.

"Voiture is on E85 turnpike fuel" means "Voiture, Eddie is on E85 from the turnpike station" which indicates it's no special race blend.
It took me a few posts from him to figure this out.

Impressive numbers, even more on pump gas!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
It took me a few posts from him to figure this out.

Impressive numbers, even more on pump gas!!!
Just think what it would be with leaded110. It is beyond my comprehension as to get to this HP level with that fuel. If so then I need him to finish a motor for me that Jarvis started that is getting ready to be used in this car as it would be a real monster. I do not mean to hijack this but this kind of ability should keep him and all his business associates on a very profitable endeavor. PUT ME DOWN for some serious engine re-tuning / building.

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-20-2010 at 06:41 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Me to I was always one of those guys that wanted to say. Ok build me a motor with 1000hp. That is all I need and want. And by the way what will it cost?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry about my "Spanglish" drmatera, thanks for the translation I tend to think that everyone knows what we are doing so I should explain things a little better and of course in English!

Regarding Mr. Norwood I'm very familiar with his work, records, and accomplishments, a while back there was a guy around here which I think his name was Andy, that Bob did a 930 TT for him, I also know about the project he was doing with Chris Rado, a Front wheel drive Scion, and I'm also familiar with Jarvis.

Going back to the "Fuel Subject", the car has made the following:

On Ignite Fuel which is E98= 1,000RWHP

On Sunoco Fuel which is 116=1,157RWHP

On E85 Fuel from the turnpike station =1,155 RWHP

So far the best number has been 1200RWHP but there was always some questioning about the legibility of it even though it was caught on video, there are already plans for some "UP Grades" after the Texas Mile with aims to get into the 1300 RWHP territory.

Just in case you wonder whats all the fuss about this numbers, the purpose is to break the 9.16 sec record in the 1/4 mile nothing else
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Les Paul, I see you are from Texas, this weekend they will be at the Texas Mile, if you have a chance you can see this thing close and in person
Old 10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Got Boost?

Garage
Only if I could be at that fest to see Bello again but I am back in PR. I saw him back in 1999 or 2000 doing a couple of low 10 and high 9 passes running against the famous purple Supra at ATCO. Later Bello lost second gear and he could still pull 10s. He was lifting the front wheels back then and running on what looked to be spare tires as fronts.

This will remain embedded in my brain as well as a white supra losing traction on his 3rd to 4th gear change and do a 720 at probably 90+mph without touching the guard rails.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

"Regarding Mr. Norwood I'm very familiar with his work, records, and accomplishments, a while back there was a guy around here which I think his name was Andy"
Juan........ Thanks for your response and yes his name was Andy and his pelican user name was AMAC and the TT car I am referring to that is needing retuned ,now that it has 96lb injectors, is one and the same. It was at 743RWHP when it left his shop with 85lb injectors as Andy did use it on the street so a reasonable idle was achieved, however since then it is not so necessary and more fuel for more boost is now more important.
Do you test on a hub dyno or a rear wheel roller one. Thanks??
...........You can see the cars we have been talking about ( shameless plug) on my website home page @ Voiture LTD Home ..........Many of which I am trying to keep. Also I will be in Naples Fl the end of the month for a wedding. Is your shop or should I say the shop that builds the Bello's car anywhere nearby?
Anyway thanks to all with the responses to my sometimes floundering ????? trying to get information, expertise or get these cars into shops ( that have been there and done that) and do not need to learn what to do to get these finished up. Anyone out there??

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-21-2010 at 07:05 AM..
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Naples is west coast Fl Bello is East coast. so you would be about 3-4 hours drive away
Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
"Regarding Mr. Norwood I'm very familiar with his work, records, and accomplishments, a while back there was a guy around here which I think his name was Andy"
Juan........ Thanks for your response and yes his name was Andy and his pelican user name was AMAC and the TT car I am referring to that is needing retuned ,now that it has 96lb injectors, is one and the same. It was at 743RWHP when it left his shop with 85lb injectors as Andy did use it on the street so a reasonable idle was achieved, however since then it is not so necessary and more fuel for more boost is now more important.
Do you test on a hub dyno or a rear wheel roller one. Thanks??
...........You can see the cars we have been talking about ( shameless plug) on my website home page @ Voiture LTD Home ..........Many of which I am trying to keep. Also I will be in Naples Fl the end of the month for a wedding. Is your shop or should I say the shop that builds the Bello's car anywhere nearby?
Anyway thanks to all with the responses to my sometimes floundering ????? trying to get information, expertise or get these cars into shops ( that have been there and done that) and do not need to learn what to do to get these finished up. Anyone out there??
Not to hijack this thread in any way, but the 1154 hp caught my eye, and just last night I found out that VRAlexander died, i guess about 4 months ago now. Did you guys know VRAlex? He seemed to reach cult status on fourms sucha s 6speed, he had one incredibly quick and powerful 996, but now there's a several people claiming the guy was a con-artist? Anyway, not that it matters one way or the other, but just wondering if you guys knew the real story.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
If you are onto the Porsche high output cars chances are that you know almost everyone in the US with those cars since there's not that many, VRAlex ( rest in peace) passed away in a track related accident, many negative things were rumored, but the guy is gone and cannot defend himself! Pretty screw up that people were bashing him after he passed away.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

R.I.P.

it's always a tragidy when a pioneer dies, and it's always inevitable that jealous people try to diminish their accomplishments.

Eddie knew him and last time I spoke to him about VR you could see the sadness on Eddie's face the passing of a friend
Old 10-21-2010, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Juan the Texas mile is only about 600 miles from where I live. I'll get there one of these days.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: