Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
firewall insulation

My 84 930 has lost all of the sound baffle on the engine side of the fire wall. My question is dies it make that much of a difference? If the consensus is yes then what type of material should I put back on there? When I replaced the stereo and speakers I found a material at the stereo place called"Road Kill" that is a sound deadening material. It has thin metal lining on one side and some really thick sticky adhesive side. looking for thoughts

15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Most of those metal faced insulating materials will be more effective than the factory foam pad, Don't expect a big reduction as most of the noise is transmited thru the shifter tunnel area,
I would make sure that any of the missing foam has not been ingested by the cooling fan , It may cause cooling issues depending on where it accumulates.

Lou / AERO DYNAMICS
Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

another option.

The Official Dynamat Website
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
thanks for the input I removed all of it when I first got the car chunk by chunk as it was just piecing off then last week when I removed the intercooler and the air filter assembly I could really get in there and found a few more pieces. If the sound difference wont be noticeable I don't see any purpose of reapplying.

15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 10-25-2010, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: