Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
surfpangea

Garage
non intercooler 3.0 conversion

I have a 77 930 non inter-cooler and would like to convert to a inter-cooler setup does anybody know what is needed for the conversion any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Sam,

Why are you looking to add an I/C?

If you're interested in an air-to-air intercooler (the most popular option), you'll need to replace your tail to create space for the intercooler. Another consideration is the placement of the air conditioning condenser. I'm not sure where it was positioned in '77, but the '78-'89 930s positioned the condenser on the passenger's side of the engine. If you have the same setup and are keeping your A/C condenser, you'll be limited to a half bay intercooler. Pelican member Rarly8 makes a half bay intercooler which is a direct replacement for the stock 930 half bay intercooler. If you eliminate your A/C or relocate your A/C condenser, then you can go with a full bay intercooler.

Full Bay intercoolers are more expensive and can support more HP, but your HP goals, driving style & purpose for the car (street vs track) will determine whether you need a full bay I/C, half bay or no I/C at all.

If you provide a little more information about your car, target boost level / HP & whether you're looking to street or track the car, someone should be able to provide you good advice.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
You can either have a custom intercooler built or swap out your CIS for that of a 3.3L. The OEM 3.3L IC and plumbing will not simply bolt on to a 3.0L intake.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
there is a good possibility i will have everything you need, you can email me at jpertuit@yahoo.com, when you get a chance
Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Andial still has a 3.0 Turbo intercooler listed in there on line cataloge but you would have to check if they can still supply them or not.

ANDIAL - Performance Parts for Porsche

Might check with B&B / Billy Boat. They list there IC as working on the 3.0T's but I am suspect.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
You can either have a custom intercooler built or swap out your CIS for that of a 3.3L. The OEM 3.3L IC and plumbing will not simply bolt on to a 3.0L intake.
I never heard you make intercoolers...what are the specs, thickness, core material, ect. Have you tested how efficient they are, or the temp drops? Maybe I missed that thread?
Old 10-30-2010, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

surfpangea

Garage
Thanks Andy Stock 3.0 k27 turbo GSF header Borla Muffler
Brian do you make intercoolers I have a aftermarket tail with plenty of room and all ac componets removed I will post a pic
77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta
Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
surfpangea

Garage
Thanks 911st sent e mail to andial

77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: