Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/)
-   -   Mid Atlantic 930 Help (purchase) (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/573019-mid-atlantic-930-help-purchase.html)

Garnetredcoupe 11-01-2010 02:25 PM

Mid Atlantic 930 Help (purchase)

Does anyone know anything about this car (maybe the PO?)? Based on my research from the Slantnose thread in this section, it appears to be a factory slant. I plan on going to see the car Wednesday morning. Thanks in advance

Porsche : 930: eBay Motors (item 160501044738 end time Nov-08-10 11:17:59 PST)

jonmont 11-01-2010 06:07 PM

Here's a link to a similar car you can use as a reference point. Both are 930Ss which, as Euros, have the 330 hp engine. The car you're interested in has a lot of potential. Very nice.
[http://porschebahn.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/1986-porsche-slant-nose-turbo-with-only-2500-miles/]

onboost 11-01-2010 06:55 PM

Steve..

It does appear to be a factory slant from the pics.. Based on the year, rear bumper guards, and import ID Plate its obviously a euro 930 and built by the "Special Wishes" program as the early slant nose cars were.

It may have the upgraded motor as it has the thicker fact intercooler and sport exhaust. In England they called them the SE I believe.. but since this is a left hooker, not sure they were referred as such in the rest of Europe.

As far as the slant nose is concerned this looks correct based on the headlight and surrounds, and more importantly the operating mechanism in the trunk.

Good luck with the acquisition....

Paul

Garnetredcoupe 11-01-2010 07:24 PM

Thank you Paul and Jon, that's exactly what I thought too.

930cab89 11-03-2010 09:13 AM

It has the "S" exhaust and intercooler.

willtel 11-03-2010 10:00 AM

That is a really cool car with some sweet period correct options and mods. Are you going to pull the trigger on it?

Garnetredcoupe 11-03-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willtel (Post 5652574)
That is a really cool car with some sweet period correct options and mods. Are you going to pull the trigger on it?

I spent two hours looking over every inch of the car today. It really is a Turbo S! Working on a price and some minor issues, keep your fingers crossed I will be a Turbo owner soon.

oilonly 11-03-2010 04:45 PM

Oh man that car has all the add on goodies.

Tilikum Turbo 11-03-2010 08:11 PM

Considering 80% of the EBAY ad seems to be a historic account of the 911 Turbo(and not really talking much about THIS car, I would be suspect).

Although it' appears to be a great car, the only slantnose I personally would purchase is one that was originally destined to be sold in the US. Older gray-market cars that were sold in this country are very much a crap-shoot, since the systems all had to be federalized, and I only trust the factory to deliver a DOT approved car. I have just known TOO many people that bought gray only to uncover a ton of issues.

onboost 11-04-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo (Post 5653878)
Considering 80% of the EBAY ad seems to be a historic account of the 911 Turbo(and not really talking much about THIS car, I would be suspect).

Although it' appears to be a great car, the only slantnose I personally would purchase is one that was originally destined to be sold in the US. Older gray-market cars that were sold in this country are very much a crap-shoot, since the systems all had to be federalized, and I only trust the factory to deliver a DOT approved car. I have just known TOO many people that bought gray only to uncover a ton of issues.

Apparently that's because the dealer may not be sure what he has.. that can be a good thing.

In limiting to only slantnose's that were destined for the US, you're down to models 3yrs and there just aren't that many of them around. Additionally, I don't believe the S options noted on this car were even available for US consumption.

Not all gray market cars that were brought into the US were dogs. On the other hand, being able to look the car over prior to purchase and knowing what you're looking at has its merits also.