Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mid Atlantic 930 Help (purchase)

Does anyone know anything about this car (maybe the PO?)? Based on my research from the Slantnose thread in this section, it appears to be a factory slant. I plan on going to see the car Wednesday morning. Thanks in advance

Porsche : 930: eBay Motors (item 160501044738 end time Nov-08-10 11:17:59 PST)

Far From Stock 1985 Euro 3.2

Last edited by Garnetredcoupe; 11-01-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Old 11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Here's a link to a similar car you can use as a reference point. Both are 930Ss which, as Euros, have the 330 hp engine. The car you're interested in has a lot of potential. Very nice.
[http://porschebahn.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/1986-porsche-slant-nose-turbo-with-only-2500-miles/]
Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Steve..

It does appear to be a factory slant from the pics.. Based on the year, rear bumper guards, and import ID Plate its obviously a euro 930 and built by the "Special Wishes" program as the early slant nose cars were.

It may have the upgraded motor as it has the thicker fact intercooler and sport exhaust. In England they called them the SE I believe.. but since this is a left hooker, not sure they were referred as such in the rest of Europe.

As far as the slant nose is concerned this looks correct based on the headlight and surrounds, and more importantly the operating mechanism in the trunk.

Good luck with the acquisition....

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thank you Paul and Jon, that's exactly what I thought too.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It has the "S" exhaust and intercooler.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

That is a really cool car with some sweet period correct options and mods. Are you going to pull the trigger on it?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtel View Post
That is a really cool car with some sweet period correct options and mods. Are you going to pull the trigger on it?
I spent two hours looking over every inch of the car today. It really is a Turbo S! Working on a price and some minor issues, keep your fingers crossed I will be a Turbo owner soon.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Oh man that car has all the add on goodies.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Considering 80% of the EBAY ad seems to be a historic account of the 911 Turbo(and not really talking much about THIS car, I would be suspect).

Although it' appears to be a great car, the only slantnose I personally would purchase is one that was originally destined to be sold in the US. Older gray-market cars that were sold in this country are very much a crap-shoot, since the systems all had to be federalized, and I only trust the factory to deliver a DOT approved car. I have just known TOO many people that bought gray only to uncover a ton of issues.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Considering 80% of the EBAY ad seems to be a historic account of the 911 Turbo(and not really talking much about THIS car, I would be suspect).

Although it' appears to be a great car, the only slantnose I personally would purchase is one that was originally destined to be sold in the US. Older gray-market cars that were sold in this country are very much a crap-shoot, since the systems all had to be federalized, and I only trust the factory to deliver a DOT approved car. I have just known TOO many people that bought gray only to uncover a ton of issues.
Apparently that's because the dealer may not be sure what he has.. that can be a good thing.

In limiting to only slantnose's that were destined for the US, you're down to models 3yrs and there just aren't that many of them around. Additionally, I don't believe the S options noted on this car were even available for US consumption.

Not all gray market cars that were brought into the US were dogs. On the other hand, being able to look the car over prior to purchase and knowing what you're looking at has its merits also.

RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: