Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
surfpangea

Garage
making a stock WUR adjustable

I found this in the 911 tech forum will this work on the turbo model has anyone done this if so I would love to see pics as I am in the learning process
Thanks Sam
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/911_warmup_reg/911_warmup_reg.htm

77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta

Last edited by Sam Matthews; 11-05-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Matthews View Post
I found this in the 911 tech forum will this work on the turbo model
Yes, but it doesn't address the cold control pressure or boost enrichment, which are also useful adjustments to have - Brian Leaske modifies both of these to be adjustable as well.

Quote:
I would love to see pics as I am in the learning process
Modified my WUR
Old 11-05-2010, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
surfpangea

Garage
wur

Thanks for the link
77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta
Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here are a couple of low quality pics of when I did mine. You can see where I installed a small pin to keep the plug from rotating.

Hope it helps.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
nocarrier,
you didnt disassemble the wur?
It cant be that easy.... im hoping.

If your thinking of making it adjustable, here is another great link. calibrating the WUR?

Last edited by Benny771; 11-07-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Benny, The first one I did I took apart so I could figure out how deep I could tap the plug and drill for the locating pin.

The next one I did I didn't neet to take it apart. Just remember to install the locating pin before drilling and threading the plug otherwise it might rotate on you.

-Adam
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

surfpangea

Garage
Wur

Thanks for the pics
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
surfpangea

Garage
what size roll pin did you use
Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

As a WUR and Fuel Distributor rebuilder, posts like this are what caused me to have to buy a cnc lathe to remake the parts you destroy in doing this because you found 1 out of 4 adjustment points on this WUR. Contact me and tell me what you are trying to do and I can give you some help, this is not the solution to warm control pressure problems.

Larry Fletcher
CIS Flow Tech Llc
Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Ultimately, I have to admit that Larry is right.

If you look closely at the first WUR, you can see that it is not the correct one for a 930 as there is no boost enrichment port.

The one that came on my car was from a Mercedes if I remember correctly. The car ran horribly. I couldn't get it to idle for anything. The only real reason I ended up modifying mine was so that I could start the car and move it in and out of the shop. I ended up sourcing parts from two. The second one was from a turbo Volvo (I think) I was actually able to get the pressures pretty close if I remember correctly.

I have since gotten the correct WUR and have NOT modified it.

Larry, I have heard your name and shop mentioned a few times by Porsche shop owners as the go to guy for excellent fuel head and wur service. As I am not a well experienced Porsche "guy," I respect their advice and take it to heart.

If someone wants to play with their wur at the risk of damaging it, then that's their choice. If you had to buy a cnc lathe just to repair these parts, then I'd say that's a good thing!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: