Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
surfpangea

Garage
The One that Got Away

I was watching this on ebay It sold this morning at approx 10.47 I had to be a the jobsite i instructed my wife to bid up 1500.00 hundred dollars for this item. Her reason for not bidding at all! she had to use the ladies room. this sold for between 800 and 850 dollars. I have been mad at her but this really hurts my Porsche habits and I have it bad here is a pic i saved
I feel Sick

77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta
Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
surfpangea

Garage
Buy the way add stated came of 930 3.3 race car making 700 +hp also the person selling this had a bunch of other race car parts.
77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta
Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
auction sniper
Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay - Home
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Don't be too hard on her..... I would have used the same excuse if my wife had asked me to bid $1500 for a dress, besides the other person might have had a max bid higher than yours.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
surfpangea

Garage
Thanks fletcher0780 wish I had this yesterday
930 I am over it but boy I was disappointed.
I wonder did somebody here get the goods?

Last edited by Sam Matthews; 11-11-2010 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-11-2010, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

WOW, what a bummer. But just so you know you don't need any programs to proxy bid. If you would have just bid $1500 it would only have gone up enough to stay ahead of the other guy, unless he bid $1501
Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

surfpangea

Garage
got away

I know
Old 11-11-2010, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Snipe, snipe, snipe. It is the ONLY way to use ebay!

In the meantime, do another search in ebay for what you want, save the search and wait for something to pop up.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

what is the advantage of a "sniper" vs. simply bidding your best once and then letting it play out?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Because a bid entices people interested in the item into bidding against you. Sniping allows you to pick your price, once, and spring into action when others don't have time to raise you, and in fact have no idea you are interested at all. If somebody bids higher than the number you've got waiting to be bid by snipe, most sniping programs will notify you of this and you can then decide whether you want to go higher than the price you picked for the snipe. But in the meantime, you don't get into bidding battles with other buyers that basically just serve to raise the price ultimately paid.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Wow..super killer deal but to convert your car to EFI and the right forged internals to handle and compliment that exhaust and the twin turbos will have your wife going to the ladies room ALOT more often...so maybe a good thing.

Really nice stuff though...headers looks like the Bob Holcombe design.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
Because a bid entices people interested in the item into bidding against you. Sniping allows you to pick your price, once, and spring into action when others don't have time to raise you, and in fact have no idea you are interested at all. If somebody bids higher than the number you've got waiting to be bid by snipe, most sniping programs will notify you of this and you can then decide whether you want to go higher than the price you picked for the snipe. But in the meantime, you don't get into bidding battles with other buyers that basically just serve to raise the price ultimately paid.
Yep, that's exactly how it works. I pride myself in "sniping" at the very last few seconds the bid is still active...but even then, someone may have already put in a a higher proxy bid so you lose anyway. All part of the fun...or disappointment.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Yep, that's exactly how it works. I pride myself in "sniping" at the very last few seconds the bid is still active...but even then, someone may have already put in a a higher proxy bid so you lose anyway. All part of the fun...or disappointment.
Or.... a higher snipe!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: