Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
450 is an even 20% more than 375 so maybe 450CHP = 375WHP.

Even if the DP is a kit it looks to be very well executed and worth a premium to the right buyer. I'd kill to have a DP coupe.
Oh, I am familiar with the numbers, but one would think that he would list the cars the same on all sites. Too many discrepancies for me.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Oh, I am familiar with the numbers, but one would think that he would list the cars the same on all sites. Too many discrepancies for me.
"Salespersons" are always "Selling..." They can't stop, it's in there genes...
Old 12-10-2010, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Hey everyone, sorry for my delayed response. No I am not a dealer, I'm a broker. I do not work at Flashback Motorworks, they have been out of business for 2 years.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I saw both the cars to today. The DP is real. It has the real DP vin tag on the inside of the fender. i spoke to the seller, he is selling for a friend that is not very interenet literate. very cool cars. i just don't have the cash right now. i just joined the forum to find more information out. anyone know of any slant nose cars that can be bought for under $35k???? thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Hey thanks for your reply gasmotorsports. I've responded to all PMs, thanks for everyone's interest!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I was searching for info on stock ring & pinion for 86 930 and came across this ad for slant nose.

For sale: Porsche 930 (39995 USD), Dublin, California, United States - JamesList

happy hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmotorsports View Post
I saw both the cars to today. The DP is real. It has the real DP vin tag on the inside of the fender. i spoke to the seller, he is selling for a friend that is not very interenet literate. very cool cars. i just don't have the cash right now. i just joined the forum to find more information out. anyone know of any slant nose cars that can be bought for under $35k???? thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

[QUOTE=gasmotorsports;5721871]I saw both the cars to today. The DP is real. It has the real DP vin tag on the inside of the fender.

Looks like all anyone needs now is to get in touch with Mr Zimmermans son at DP Motorsport, who speaks English and supply this VIN tag information to get build sheet and documentation. I spoke with them a few years ago and they were very forthcoming about the car they built that I owned.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-13-2010 at 05:41 PM..
Old 12-11-2010, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Well, anyone call DP Motorsport to get the build information? I mentioned the DP Motorsport contact information to 4re308 as they are advertising the car. Sometimes the builders only want to give out the information to the owner. The build documentation really belongs with the car especially when it will add to the desireability for such a rare and special car. Mystery history cars are always a challenge when buying/selling.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-14-2010 at 07:30 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
DPHANS

If the DP935 was a Coupe...and have the correct wheels, It would have a future
in Europe, Due to many reason, One is the low USD currency.
For information: most Targas is build in Sweden by DP Motorsport. (Zirkelbach).
and all Turbo Targas have a handling package upgrade, Itīs just of few build. So this is a unique car. with high potential.
Most DP 935 DP2 had single wiper conversion if they where build in Sweden.
Ps. Its no problem to use this car on a track day what so ever, I know..
But the perfect is to have a Targa with roof. this will be my next mission.

For the buyer. Contact Patrick Zimmerman at DP, (he can ask Eckerhard (dad)
This is a problem with a lot of copies of the Dpīs In Europe there is a lot of those cars.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

The targa had the correct wheels when it was for sale a few years back. It's a shame someone swapped them out, oh well.
I exchanged emails with a seller of a cab that had the single wiper conversion. He said the windshield was 2" longer than stock. It took him a long time to get one.
I'd sure like to have that targa, (preferring targas to coupes) I even have an extra set of DP 9 & 13 x 15" Fuchs.
Your car looks great, hope things are well.
H.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
The targa had the correct wheels when it was for sale a few years back. It's a shame someone swapped them out, oh well.
I exchanged emails with a seller of a cab that had the single wiper conversion. He said the windshield was 2" longer than stock. It took him a long time to get one.
I'd sure like to have that targa, (preferring targas to coupes) I even have an extra set of DP 9 & 13 x 15" Fuchs.
Your car looks great, hope things are well.
H.
i imagine the DP 15" Fuchs are worth some coin. when i saw the DP im person, the BBSs looked great on that car, and i'm not a fan of the basket weaves.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
R.I.P.

damn, look at that thing pulling the front wheel at the drag strip
Old 12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
DPHANS

Harold.
The yellow cab in the old articel is up for sale.. With the long nose setup. incl the high speed window. (3000 USD!) DP use this window to set a new speed record
on normal road. (1988) Picture is showing the test car with the highspeed window
that made the speed record. This street car made 0-125miles in 10,9sec
a Testarossa did this in 19,7 sec. the record was set to 196miles (1000m)
DPHANS
Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
I was searching for info on stock ring & pinion for 86 930 and came across this ad for slant nose.

For sale: Porsche 930 (39995 USD), Dublin, California, United States - JamesList

happy hunting!
I asked my son who lives nearby to check it out as i might be interested. He was dismayed at the condition of this, California from new, two collecter owned car. He said it looked like it had been kept at a beach house or had been driven on salty roads underneath. Also many paint defects were not disclosed in the phone description I received which happens when not talking to the owner, who knows the car well.. Also it should not be sold to any area where emissions are required. Would take a lot of work to make it really nice like the ones I am used to getting. On the plus side it has some great upgrades, some by Andial and some very expensive current work possibly due to extended storage or non use, so maybe I am spoiled, or being a bit to picky. Maybe the price of $39,900 could be seriously negotiated down wards if remains unsold for awhile. It is a consignment so they are representing the sellers hopes for this price.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-17-2010 at 03:14 PM..
Old 12-17-2010, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
I saw both the cars to today. The DP is real. It has the real DP vin tag on the inside of the fender. thanks
which fender is the tag located on? can anyone share a picture?
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

i spoke with "real" owner of the dp 935 targa in atlanta. he has a friend selling it for him. apparently he has the original fuchs wheels. he said the chrome was pitted and kinetic motorsport sold him the bbs basket wheels.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
i spoke with "real" owner of the dp 935 targa in atlanta. he has a friend selling it for him. apparently he has the original fuchs wheels. he said the chrome was pitted and kinetic motorsport sold him the bbs basket wheels.
Well now, what about the documentation from DP motorsports. They will send it if it is real. What is the problem, is it real or not???? real wheels and tags mean nothing without the cancelled check along with ths build sheet for this expensive ( althought not the most expensive build with a stock intercooler with a DP logo on it). Common now it's not that hard to get hard documentation. This is the first thing i would do if i were to market this car.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-20-2010 at 08:26 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

This car was built for Mr Scheckter in the USA 1984.
I found a List of the dp-built (w09...) cars.
It is a 3.3l Turbo Targa in black!

But this is everything we wrote down of the cars!

Best regards
Patrick Zimmermann

dp motorsport
E. Zimmermann GmbH
Zum alten Wasserwerk 1
51491 Overath
Tel.: 02204-71067
Fax: 02204-71069
Aktuelles und
Neu: Home

Now that wasn't so hard to do, was it? Now there is verification that this is indeed a DP built car for all interested buyers and others ( gumba website ) who may want to know.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Now on Ebay: Porsche - eBay (item 110626968428 end time Dec-30-10 15:30:36 PST)
Old 12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

I know most DP 935 turbos were based off an actual 930 Turbo, being that this is a targa, I'm not aware of Porsche making a Turbo 930 Targa in 1984. I assume this DP above started out life as a regular 911 non-turbo targa and was converted by DP into a Targa Turbo. I like the car, I'm just concerned about the structural integrity if it didn't start out originally as a 930 Targa. Thoughts?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: