Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb930 View Post
Beautiful car!!!
Thanks Zeb,
I'm new of the turbo world as I bought this car recently from a Brit gentleman driver that looked after it very much indeed for ten+ years

It is a lightweight 930 built for purpose years before the factory designed the '92 turbo S, on the other hand RUF company was used to satisfy customers looking for something the factory didn't make at the time.
I 've been reported that the original German owner wanted a turbo version of the factory '88 Carrera CS

The lightening process went down to tin glasses all round, alloy bonnet and deleting all the superfluos like central locking, rear wiper, A/C, radio etc.. starting from a new bodyshell with no trace of underbody seal protection.
I didn't put it on scale yet but I believe it saved around 100 kilos from a stock full options car.

And yes Drmatera I like the wheels very much as well, although they are heavier than fuchs (given the run flat construction) they are Speedline like all the following factory Turbo S/ RS version.
It is courious that the German documents that came with the car report the 9 / 11inch fuchs option exactly like the prototype you posted.
Mechanically is substantially a 3,4 BTR with controllable boost ,different cams,LSD ,close ratios transmission and big front calipers.
Performances wise is very funny if driven at long tracks like Mugello or Monza , and a bit less at home at short courses and hill climbs.

I add a picture of the car beside the Fia Gr 4 rsr tribute I built with great help of this forum and some pros

Cheers Simone

Last edited by giuliemma; 02-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: grammar correction
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Sick cars!! My 930 "clubsport" weighs 1180kg with half tank so yours should be more than 100kg lighter than stock.. but maybe you have original interior? I have RS carpets, doorpanels and Recaro pole's.

Hm probably will add some RS 3.0 bumpers next winter and get closer to 1100kg and get that 930 prototype look I always wanted..

Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
I think you all need to populate your pelican garage's with lots of hi-res pictures of your rides. Or give us a link to some place on the web with notes on what you did.

Lots of thought has gone into these and I'm sure there's lots of people that would appreciate your work. I'd especially like to see more of that RSR tribute.

Zeb930: what color is that?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
R.I.P.

zeb can't disclose the color, it's classified
Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there ZEB,
How much straight line stability does your front splitter give you? Curious monkeys want to know!
Thanks.
Mark
Old 02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Now I'm guessing...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Sick cars!! My 930 "clubsport" weighs 1180kg with half tank so yours should be more than 100kg lighter than stock.. but maybe you have original interior? I have RS carpets, doorpanels and Recaro pole's.

Hm probably will add some RS 3.0 bumpers next winter and get closer to 1100kg and get that 930 prototype look I always wanted..

Zeb,is this colour a factory one ? don't believe it, very cool and uncommon indeed, and yes the rs bumpers are a must for these cars imo: very light very clean racy shape,no rubber no concertina , finito.
The only down side is a sensation of lack of downforce at insane speed, I noted that many Germans use to add an horizontal profile like yours to increase downforce

Anyway the interiors of my 930 are lwt as well with the exception of the powered windows(someone says that cranck gears are heavier) and the seats that are period leather recaro(very comfortable) but sure heavier than pole's, furthermore there is the Matter safety rear arc that add same weight.
I have to scale it someday just to have a figure, may be you right

I fitted fire resistant pole's on the RSR but that's the no-compromise 950kilos warship, while I use the turbo mostly for cruising and the seats are way more adjustable and refined

Zacthor thanks for the kind words,
the rsr tribute is the result of a two full years building after several years of studying and gathering parts.
In the end I'm very satisfied about performances, look and build quality, at least I used the correct shape metal fender flares, there is more than one real carrera rsr conveniently restored with turbo flares around, it's a shame imo especially for such important race past cars.
I still miss some expensive parts that FIA body require before to issue the passport according to fiches #3053, furthermore they banned the pressure tensioners and the Msd box at first look.

I just add a off topic n/a picture as we are on boost forum

cheers
Simone

Old 02-16-2011, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Yeah, cant give any details or ill have the property swarming with suits with shades in notime. All I can say is its a true Nato color called Nato-olive..

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Hey there ZEB,
How much straight line stability does your front splitter give you? Curious monkeys want to know!
Thanks.
Mark
When I first added a splitter(glassfiber) a couple of years ago I felt it helped some.
Then when I got the splitter shoot to pieces in a road construction a year later it felt almost undrivable at high speed, so it probably helped more than I first thought..

Current one is made of ABS-plastic and although heavier its perfectly bombproof.

And Simone thats a great RSR tribute!!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there Zeb,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm also entertaining a set of small angled winglets below the turn sigles on each side. I've seen several on old school 930 track cars.
Mine is just too darty & twitchy at 100mph & above.
Mark
Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motley911 View Post
Welcome Mike. You may want to try over on the Paint and Bodywork Forum as there are a couple of active threads on this topic - Such as this one:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/paint-bodywork-discussion-forum/581454-rsr-clone-paint-body-work-cost.html

Pat - your friends have good taste in cars............

Richard.
Mike wrote:
Thank you.
epg@usa.com
Old 02-17-2011, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Mike wrote;
Is this the wide body? or the picture is making look like it. Very nice car
epg@usa.com
Old 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire0007 View Post
Mike wrote;
Is this the wide body? or the picture is making look like it. Very nice car
Thanks! Its standard 930 bodywork just sits low and has about 3-4 mm clearance between tire and fender in the rear.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
I would like to see more pictures of the splitter. What material is it made out of?

Quote:

epg@usa.com
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Great looking car zeb.
My 930 has original that same color, but has been repainted before I bought it. Love that color.
Going to Stockolm in the summer, maybe meet up if you're around
1986 944 Turbo
Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
R.I.P.

it's to bad we can't get Zeb and Miguel's cars together in the same parking lot.. mind blowing
Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Mike wrote:
I just saw the new Panarma in that color today. It might be a shade different, but it looks extremly close to this color. The more i look at this car, the more i like the color

Quote:
Originally Posted by totle View Post
Great looking car zeb.
My 930 has original that same color, but has been repainted before I bought it. Love that color.
Going to Stockolm in the summer, maybe meet up if you're around
epg@usa.com
Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
cycling has-been

almost certain mine is not an RSR Bill K

Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
A bit late to this thread but this was my 930 with some 934 and RSR bits....

Cheers, Paul
Old 01-17-2014, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
I still love this one
Old 01-17-2014, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Keeping this alive. Great pics so far.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: