Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Vilnius Lithuania (it's in Europe and it's not Russia)
Garage
You recomendations for EFI E85 conversion

Hi, at the moment I am rebuilding my 86 3,3 turbo engine and I am going for EFI conversion. This is my set up:
1. Basically stock 3,3 turbo engine with mirror polished pistons, and heads.
2. Race ware rod bolts
3. ARP head studs
4. Megasquirt 2 v3
5. Siemens 650ml injectors
6. 3,2 carerra intake.

Due to that this is stock engine with stock turbo, exhaust and intercooler, I do not hope to make more than 330hp. So could you consult me with following questions.

1. Will 650ml injectors will be big enough to gain save 330hp on E85, or what would be save HP limit for such set up?
2. What certain parts of fueling system should be changed to use E85 on 930?
3. What is fuel pressure stock fuel pumps can deliver?
4. Had someone noticed any fatal disadvantages of using E85?
5. Could someone of MS guys send me a basic map file just to start the car?

Last edited by ornas; 03-07-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-07-2011, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Due to that this is stock engine with stock turbo, exhaust and intercooler, I do not hope to make more than 330hp. So could you consult me with following questions.

1. Will 650ml injectors will be big enough to gain save 330hp on E85, or what would be save HP limit for such set up? Those injectors will be plenty large enough for 330 hp on E85, I made 388 rwhp on 60# siemens and E85

2. What certain parts of fueling system should be changed to use E85 on 930? You don't have to change any components, but it would help to use an additive to keep moisture out.

3. What is fuel pressure stock fuel pumps can deliver? The stock pumps can easily handle EFI pressures

4. Had someone noticed any fatal disadvantages of using E85? Availability

5. Could someone of MS guys send me a basic map file just to start the car? The base MAP created by TunerStudio will get you running. Using other peoples .msq's can be tricky as there are different firmwares and tunes can be corrupted easily
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
will genuine fuel lines be big enough to run on e85?
Old 11-06-2011, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i'm on a stock fuel system from the tank to the fuel filter.. So far 450rwhp with 60# injectors and still have plenty of headroom for more power.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
what fuel rails are you using? I was told that stock metal fuel rails from 3,2 carrera intake may not be big enough.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

stock rails, but i removed the dual regulators and factory lines and replaced them with a single stand alone FPR and AN hose/fittings. The stock rails look pretty hardy to me..
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

You seem to be going through a LOT of trouble and expense for only 330HP and retaining the stock turbo, exhaust and intercooler

Are you planning to upgrade any of those outdated components too?

Your engine build sounds good... it'd be a shame to "limit" the end result with those stock items

Usually people do the typical bolt-on upgrades such as headers, intercooler, and turbo before diving into the engine and also going EFI.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I dont consider EFI to be at the bottom if the mod list, in fact doing it first will allow him to get the most from what he has now safely and will also bring him along in future mods
Old 11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
I dont consider EFI to be at the bottom if the mod list, in fact doing it first will allow him to get the most from what he has now safely and will also bring him along in future mods
I know, but I'm refering to cost and effort of an EFI conversion (ECU, Carrera manifold, fuel lines, tuning etc)...
Old 11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Probably best to go EFI now rather than later if it's in the plans because as more and more people upgrade to EFI the resale value of all that funky old CIS stuff nobody wants will drop lower and lower until you can't sell it and it just collects dust in a corner somewhere.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Probably best to go EFI now rather than later if it's in the plans because as more and more people upgrade to EFI the resale value of all that funky old CIS stuff nobody wants will drop lower and lower until you can't sell it and it just collects dust in a corner somewhere.
yes true and with the ms sytem a lot cheaper than the others. My adjustable wur has re adjusted itself again. I need to pull it out re set it and stake it. It's better to swap to efi then just retune as you add all the new aftermarket parts.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
the main point for me is not making as many HP as possible, but to make it everyday drivable. I hope that EFI will make engine work smoothly, boost up earlier and decrease fuel consumption. talking about efi costs, they are not as high, of course most of stuff I have bought on ebay, so it was a bit cheaper than to buy everything from store.
MSII> 250usd
carrera intace> 120usd
audi V6 loom(as donor for my new loom)>40usd
audi ignition coils> 20usd
clewet efi brackets and triger wheel> 120usd
instaling and tuning>1200usd
fuel injectors > 250usd
Old 11-08-2011, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
R.I.P.

ornas, you paid $120 for a Carrera intake????? Wow that was a great find, I spent over $600
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: