Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Danish 911S driver

No to steal the thread in any way. But I just wanted to show how the info made me put the ring on the right way

The brakes looked like this when I bought them:

I disassembled them and had them straightend up:

The hats and rings were cleaned up, wire brushed and send to get black-chromed.

Hats freshly pushed into the discs and all new assembly gear:

Now to the wonderful job of getting the parts together:

All done:

Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Christian, nice job. Don't those parts look pretty in their own right? I've often thought that these cars share some characteristics with firearms, for those who have diassembled or modified them. It's not just that the sum of the whole thing is cool, but that many of the finely made components are interesting on their own. For me, tinkering on the car and powder coating, reanodizing or replating, and going with all new hardware goes beyond merely fixing it and into Zen territory.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Danish 911S driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
Christian, nice job. Don't those parts look pretty in their own right? I've often thought that these cars share some characteristics with firearms, for those who have diassembled or modified them. It's not just that the sum of the whole thing is cool, but that many of the finely made components are interesting on their own. For me, tinkering on the car and powder coating, reanodizing or replating, and going with all new hardware goes beyond merely fixing it and into Zen territory.
Yes, i totally agreee

It is really a great feeling to put all the nice things together after all the cleaning and prepping. Zen is a good description...
Old 02-10-2014, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: