Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Fred... didja miss that Brian B sells the BLWUR's as well?

I just got one from him, he's got my core currently out being re-innard'd - maybe it's not spoken for yet?
Yeah but then I pay Brian B for being the middleman cause he has to make some money on the deal. And then he still has to wait 4 weeks for Leask to do the conversion.
Does not make sense.
I appreciate the info on your unit being available though. I would like my own unit rebuilt though nice to start with a known entity and not pay for a core charge.

Fred

1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

When you have someone who has a side business that sort of a hobby you have to expect that. I love working on these cars and often thought about doing some of it full time but honestly there is no way i would be able to handle the customer's. We (us Porsche guys) are probably the most demanding anal retentive group there is with the possible exception of Ferrari owners. He might very well have just went on vacation.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
Yeah but then I pay Brian B for being the middleman cause he has to make some money on the deal. And then he still has to wait 4 weeks for Leask to do the conversion.
That's not the way I do things, makes no sense as you said. Any buy-outs that are used to complement my products must have value added. In the case of BL's WUR's I modified them years ago but have no time to do that now and BL does an excellent job. The value I ad is that I keep them on the shelf, have the ability to set them up, and am available to help. Core exchanges mean no down time for you as the original core is not sent back to me until the rebuilt WUR is installed and working. In 1986911's case I packed up a spare used adjustable WUR ready to ship if BL couldn't get him another new one in a timely manner. BL came though so I didn't need to send mine. I use a few different experts for rebuilds and modification of WUR's and fuel heads, depending on what I want done. The same value is added with each and it makes it much easier for us all to service the community without adding a lot of cost.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
That's not the way I do things, makes no sense as you said. Any buy-outs that are used to complement my products must have value added. In the case of BL's WUR's I modified them years ago but have no time to do that now and BL does an excellent job. The value I ad is that I keep them on the shelf, have the ability to set them up, and am available to help. Core exchanges mean no down time for you as the original core is not sent back to me until the rebuilt WUR is installed and working. In 1986911's case I packed up a spare used adjustable WUR ready to ship if BL couldn't get him another new one in a timely manner. BL came though so I didn't need to send mine. I use a few different experts for rebuilds and modification of WUR's and fuel heads, depending on what I want done. The same value is added with each and it makes it much easier for us all to service the community without adding a lot of cost.
RarlyL8 adds a service to these items. I got my BL wur from him next day. Sure it may be cheaper to go direct but when you need advice at 9pm or on a Saturday, having him a phone call away can be priceless. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_morrison57 View Post
Sounds like someone sould take over his business, if he says 1 week and it turns out to be 4 then there is a problem, either he is neglecting his work or is so busy that there is room for someone else to take over the slack.
I can speak from personal experience on this as well. The problem with getting someone else in to work for you in this market is that just because everyone wants a WUR right now or an exhaust in my case (M&K) does not mean everyone wants one 2 weeks from now. When that happens how do you handle that. The biggest issue is that everyone assumes that all of the porsche aftermarket suppliers are huge when in reality most are 1 or 2 people maybe 3 working for them take PMO,ssi, and countless independent porsche shops. We have to always consider that Brian Leask is balancing taking calls, emails, and actually doing the work on the WUR's to provide a quality part and to balance life in there as well though 4 weeks for an email seems excesive though sometimes I find emails that have slipped through the cracks that old

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Thank you, things are getting better every day. Most have power now and the cleanup continues.
OMG Brian - I did not know you were hit. Prayers are with you.

When you get straight... we can speak again. My build is expanding - broken studs - clean up - etc... Not in a hurry.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I have been trying to cal him for a few weeks to send my WUR to him to modify and h e not heard from him either
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Brian,
I did not want to imply I was knocking you in any way. Wasn't my intent. Just stating an economic fact. I did not realize you were stocking these and were readily available to call for tuning help. Thats a good value.
That being said I sent a PM this morning about pricing and availability for my 79 930 build. I am looking for the WUR and the delayed boost controller.
I am looking for info on how you set these up preliminarily to particular engine builds. Do you have a spreadsheet that you use to set control pressures based on turbo and engine specs before shipping the unit out? Could you provide a little more detail on how this is done if you did not mind?

thanks,
Fredmeister

1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: