Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Turbopalooza/Porsche Parade track weekend

Ok, ok, alright already, i hear u guys loud and clear. It's due time for another TURBOPALOOZA!!!

Gabe, Pete and I thought that since a lot of you guys are headed to Savannah GA this year for the Porsche Parade, we thought it would make sense to hold a Turbopalooza weekend the last weekend of the event, centered around the two track days being held by the local PCA in conjunction with the PP.

Me and some other FG guys were going to be tracking turbos that weekend and checking out the cool boosted and N/A vintage machinery that show up at PP, so we thought it would be a natural time to hold a long overdue turbopalooza event.

So, if u are interested, the weekend of the Turbopaloooza will be August 5,6,7 and will center around the DE/ track event at Roebling Road outside of Savannah. As usual there will be the ususal late nite festivities Fri and Sat nite.

The itinerary for the weekend is being ironed out, but here are links to the PP and trackday registration.

Track registration info
http://parade2011.pca.org/documents/August2011DEletter.pdf

PP info
Porsche Club Parade 2011 in Savannah, Georgia

Keep in mind, the track day is open to all, not just PCA members.

Stay tuned for details and see hope some of you guys can make it.

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 05-18-2011, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
_DOKKTAH J_!!!!!!!!

...things that make ya go HMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm...

Say now... I had my dates mixed up when yous 'n I initially tossed this around - I misread the Parade sched (Imadumb@$$) and thought it was going to coincide with the first daze of our annual fam departure for 2wks @ the beach.

Guess what?

It's the _'straddle'_ weekend!

Entiiiiiiiiirely more more 'Estrogen-Unit' (just for you) friendly, as the fam will already be all settled in @ ze beach... AND added bonus - no 'extra' vacation daze necessary!

*WIN*

I'm approaching Mission Control on the matter for Clearance - fingerz crossed... but I *am* also fam'ing aNOTHER beach week there in July so methinks equity exists for cashout heh heh.

I'll look into flights out of NH to NC, then we can bomb on down together... muwhahahaaaa...

Epic Just Not Rightdom, ohso most soitenly assured...

I should know in the coming daze with any luck - I'll give you a shout soon. I'll also check in w/ Clintster and see if he would be able to ride gun to shoot it all accordingly / appropriately 8-).

Gee, any - oh... D-Zug / ahemOTHER - details you wanna tease??? More muwhahahaaa... git'rdun!!! (plural)

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
frank and the newely efi"d silver bullet will def. be there and darrin will be coming also. wait to ya see his new look miguel you better make it
Old 05-19-2011, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
I'm putting this on the calendar. It will be nice to put some faces with the screen names. Maybe, I will no longer be the mythical creature on the board.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
_F_R_A_N_K_

!!!

Awesome on Darin to boot - noice.

Great to hear Stephanie, agreed - putting faces together w/ the names and personas we live together with daily here always proves excellent fun. We should look into a reconoiter plan of having you maybe join up with the NC caravan as we head south.

The Tower has officially *GREEN LIT* this maniacism... schwing!

JNR cometh... oh man, ohmanohmanOHMAN...

Ohhhh Jake/Miguel/Paul et al!!! muuffuukkaahhssss!!!!!!!!

tick frickin TOCK...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 05-22-2011, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
Hotel Reservations made. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

got my distributor back today still no luck ......pulled the permatune box out went to the web site and used the trouble shooting guidline there looks like it's ok also. this is driving me crazy and now i'm missing another palooza
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-03-2011, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Check the green wire man!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

yes the green wire is shorted but i need to replace the whole thing since the heat destroyed it. any idea where to get a new one been lloking on line for that particular type of wire but no luck yet.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-06-2011, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I'm in... registered... see you there.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
yes the green wire is shorted but i need to replace the whole thing since the heat destroyed it. any idea where to get a new one been lloking on line for that particular type of wire but no luck yet.
Pelican sells em...I bought mine here.

Miguel!!!! Glad your in! its gonna be one hell of a car pool to Savannah!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Yeah it's about 6 inches long i need the whole wire i cut it loose from the harness and want to replace the whole thing.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Right on!!!!!!!!

Hey Pete, we're having a drive this Sunday... any takers? you, Gabe, both? We're four so far...
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Well, seeing as we are about a month out from Porsche Parade/ Turbopalooza weekend, thought i would give a heads up and a tentative plan for the weekend. If you have not registered for the track day, go ahead and do so ASAP. The registration info is here http://parade2011.pca.org/documents/August2011DEletter.pdf and you have to go to club registation.net (clubregistration.net) to actually register. For those of you guys that have never done a track day/DE, this is a perfect opportunity to do so, as the PCA guys have plenty of instructors available. Remember also u don't have to be a Polishing, i mean Porsche Club of America member.

Unlike past Turbopaloozas, this weekend will be track focused. Part of the reason is that the event is pretty much exclusively Porsche, and Roebling is such a good track. By the look of the roster so far, some pretty cool machinery will be out. This will be a perfect opportunity to improve your driving skills with your beast in a controlled environment, and talk with other guys running both Turbo and N/A cars regarding suspension set-ups, mods, and so-forth. There is a lot of opinions the internet, but this is where the rubber meets the road, literally. When u see guys that are fast at the track, you can learn a lot by asking them how they set their cars up.

Tech inspection is from 3-5pm August 5th and 7-7:45am Sat morning August 6, with drivers meeting to follow.

We will be hanging out around the hospitality tent sponsored by D-Zug Products (d-zug.us) set up on a corner of the infield with snacks and drinks for everyone between sessions. There will be some schwag to give away as well as cool parts to fondle and oogle. Gabe's Blackbird K3 will be in attendance as well, so it won't be hard to miss where we are.

Now, ahem, as far as the off-track activities, things will be as in the past, and as follows, roughly:

Friday August 5:
After Tech inspection, around 7-8pm meet up at Six Pence Pub (245 Bull Street, Savannah, GA) for some post tech/ road trip grub and pints of Guinness/ glass of scotch or whatever else wets your whistle. (KJ, this is for u buddy) For those of u planning to meet up, you will recognize Pete, KJ, Paul K, or myself by our loud and boisterous behaviour and tendency to yell 'shooooottttzzz' on a frequent basis. Depending on the mood of the night and how tired we are (LOL there) we will move on to the Roof top tavern, Pinkie's master lounge or Mercury Lounge.

Sat August 6:
Meet up at Huey's on the River (115 E River St, Savannah, GA) for dinner and drinks.
Post dinner festivities to be decided after....

Sun August 7:
For those of u sticking around and leaving Monday morning, Meet up at Bella's Italian cafe 4420 Habersham Street at 61st, Savannah, GA around 8pm for some excellent Italian.

BTW, it goes without saying that for those with the time, the whole week before our TPooza weekend is Porsche Parade, with a lot of stuff going on if u are into the group touring, concourse etc thing, so check out the Porsche parade events calender.

Anyway, hope to see many of you there out from behind the computer!

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I just checked the roster and there is one 930 - mine; so... what's up guys?? Let's do it!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I dont think they r updating roster Miguel. I signed up weeks ago and was confirmef and have yet to see me listed. Paul and Frank r signed up as well and not seeing them...
Old 07-22-2011, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
can we get a head count of potential 930s in savannah??
Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
I just booked my flights this afternoon, biatches!

I'm reg'ing for the DE in the morning, hence why you don't see me on the roster yet 8-)

MUWAHAhahahahahaaa...

>>>FRANK!<<<

Old 07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
can we get a head count of potential 930s in savannah??
I'm out cars running great but just cant make it. So how did the MS-3 work out?
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Bummer Ken, was hoping to meet ya.

I'm reg'd and on ze roster 8-)

I land @ RDU Thurs 1:40pm, I'll be on the *listen* for my pickup heh heh.

Mapquest says 5:35hrs south, not as bad as I initially thought, phew.

Sounds like it's DokktahJ, Peteski, Miguel, KJ, and me thus far for the caravan, and hopefully Stephanie too? I'll confirm w/ Clint he's still in to shoot it, as of a week ago he was. Then meet FRANK there.

Killerweaksweet.

Where's Senor Shadetree930??? Ohhhhhh Pauuuuuuuuly...............

Darin?

Last edited by Shadetree930; 07-26-2011 at 07:28 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: