Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
what? me worry?

Quote:
The next job is to change the ref signal from the standard Bosch 60-2 with mag sensor to 6 timing pins with hall effect.
As mentioned before, don't do this...

Generally its not a good idea to introduce more variables into a problem..Esp since you have read the logs and found no issues with the ref signal..
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 06-04-2011, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Ben, I'm new at this and working on my own EFI so I'm interested in your issue and I hope you find the culprit soon!

This is a shot in the dark, but is there any chance you're floating a valve?

RC
I am open to all suggestions, has anybody got experience with valve float on these motors?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I don't think valve float is the issue as u stated it pulls through the miss fires then continues reving up

Last edited by drmatera; 06-05-2011 at 08:36 PM..
Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
You said you've changed spark plugs, have you tried changing the gap? Maybe the CDI can't fire the plugs at the peak torque load.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Ben, thread revival...ever resolve this?...I'm hooked now!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Forte500

I just had the same problem....misfire at 4500 RPM and no flags with the Motec. Troubleshooted everything, when I noticed some of the plugs had discoloration at the plug-wire interface. Reseated the coil-packs (mounted at each plug) to seat better and went with hotter plug - no more misfire!

My tuner and I agreed that Motec wouldn't pick this type of thing up (unfortunately). Good luck - I can put you in touch with tuner if you need more details.

Best,
Frank
Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
had a similar problem when getting bugs out of my efi conversion. Tried everything and i found the crank sensor had too lrge a gap set it at 2mm and problem gone! hope this helps
Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Hi, new guy here with a something I learned with a 3.4 litre BMW 2 valve engine running a little over a bar boost with a 60-2 wheel and single coil EFI set up.

Similar miss fixed with 2 things, getting the AFI right mid 11's to almost 12:1 and I gapped my needle type electrode plugs to 0.012". All the experts said bad bad, but it works flawlessly.

I just did an EFI on my car and now the engine is in for rebuild. I went for 12 LS2 coils on this engine.

Dave
Old 12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Forte500

Ben, where are you on this?...I just got drove my car on Sunday and noticed a brief misfire again on a hard downshift (4th to 3rd on highway) - then it pulled through and didn't do it for a while...like random. I am thinking it's Motec or crank sensor related. It's just so random and pulls through fine to max boost and max RPM's. Again, no logged flags???
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: