Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Getting ready for my efi swap

Well i figure i might as well start a thread for my efi swap over. it will be very long in coming. I have started to collect the parts. I have several sets of cams haven't figured out what to do yet but most likely will send the 964 stock cams out and have them ground to gt-2 evo and a scavenge pump drive added. I am planning on a ms-3 system with coil on plug twin plugged. I am in the middle of trouble shooting an ignition problem now and almost ready to just give up and pull the whole mess out and start early. The heads are out for porting now just got a couple pics yesterday. Haven't decided where to send them for twin plugging yet. The 3.2 intake is sitting in the garage.

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L

Last edited by Ken911; 06-03-2011 at 05:16 PM..
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Looks like fun stuff. Good luck with the conversion.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, H&R Coilovers, ESB spring plates- 210 lb
Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

I'm in the same boat. I have a 3.2 intake and have been selling off my CIS parts to fund the project. What ecu are you planning to use?

Last edited by willtel; 06-04-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Megasquirt 3 with the xpansion card vw coil on plugs just like the one turbo nut did.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-04-2011, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Got my heads back from getting the valve job done and porting finished. Now who is the most reasonable for twin plugging them? I had him assmble them to check spring heights and pressures. but not install the seals. so that i can take them back apart for twin plugging them.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-30-2011, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

so who is the most reasonable for twin plugging them?
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

May want to aak over in the 911 engine building thread... I don't have anyone to recommend from experience but I would use Mike @ JB Racing because of their track record and proximity to me.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

ok i'll check over there
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I used Craig. He is on the forum "cgarr". I was very happy with the work and service.

Here is a link to my actual heads being twin plugged.

YouTube - ‪Twin Plug Porsche 911 Cylinder Heads‬‏

I thought he was reasonably priced. He was referred to me by another Pelican.

Good luck with your project.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

ok thanks!! It seams every one uses 12 mm plugs for the second plug. what plug do you actually use that works with the w3dpo in the stock location?

2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-03-2011, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: