Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

green distributor wire

Does any one know where to get the coax wire that goes to the distributor. Mine in shorted out. About 6 inches of it is hardened and cracked from the heat and the plug needs replaced. Looked on here but i couldn't find it.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check out this thread: Distributor signal wire to CDI box. GREEN wire restoration.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Porsche 911 & Carrera Ignition - Page 7

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 06-04-2011, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Ken:

You can make you own GREEN wire by purchasing a length of stranded copper coaxial cable. You can purchase this by the foot on several internet sites. Choose a military grade, teflon (PTEF) casing in the same size of your OEM wire. You should be able to re-sue the connector at the dizzy by following my "GREEN wire restoration thread" above.

Available from sites such as this one:
Wire

or.. you can buy a new GREEN wire. My 87 930 doesn't have the splice in the GREEN wire, so be sure you know which GREEN wire to order prior to doing so.

'87 930, 3.3 liter, K27 hybrid, Kokeln IC, Andial, B&B, Borla, 17" Supercups.

Last edited by HFR_Racer; 06-04-2011 at 03:44 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i cut and removed the whole wire since a good 6 inches of it was shot. couldnt tell what gauge it is though whats the RG size? to get more and the one listed here is about 6 inches long with a connector on one end thats not correct.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 06-05-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Old 06-04-2011, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If you need a long piece of that green wire; I believe older Mercedes use a similar wire for the distributor that's quite long. You may want to hit up a salvage yard...
Old 06-05-2011, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

thanks!!
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-05-2011, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

ordered some from the web site listed above it's white we'll see how it goes.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
Yup, buy one and plug it in.
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 930-602-907-01-M14

After your 5 minutes of effort, spend your Saturday doing something else.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

yes but it's a few inches long mine was wired straight from the plug on the cd box to the disrtributor
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-07-2011, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Understood. Full custom wiring job. ;-)
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Was it supposed to have a plug in the middle someplace? I'm a little confused because my wring harness was pretty rough when i got it and isnt much better now. Most of the wiring in the back of the engine has been over heated and cracked some of it melted so i have plenty to fix until it's time to build a whole new harness for EFI.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 06-07-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Ken:

My 87 930 doesn't have a connector in the middle of the GREEN wire. Mine runs directly from the CDI to the dizzy. Re-use the terminal ends and make a new wire. You can also order the long GREEN wire from our host. Do a search.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
The 928 uses a long green wire but I don't know if the connectors are the same as the 930.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

oh ok
thanks!!
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-08-2011, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

well i finally got it running today back to the same probelm it had before it quit. i think what happened was i shorted the green wire out while i was trouble shooting the other problem. so now it starrts but you have to hold the throttle all the way down to keep it running and it's belching huge amounts of smoke and will not rev above 2000 rpm
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-16-2011, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 930 View Post
The 928 uses a long green wire but I don't know if the connectors are the same as the 930.
It does, it's the one I used on my car. Mine went straight to the CDI from the dizzy.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 06-16-2011, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Geez Ken, that sucks.. you deserve better than that with all the work and time you've put into your car.

Is it oil smoke like a hybrid turbo gone wrong?
I'm guessing you checked the plugs to see if they are wet with oil or gas.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

i know it's really pissing me off
plugs were taken out and cleaned
no oil in the intake
and the fuel pressures were ok
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-16-2011, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

i'm off work today had to come in and take a break was getting too pissed
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-16-2011, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: