Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slantnose from HELL

Looking Super Sweet!!!! Cole! I'm sure your just itching to feel the boost!!! You always give us first class stuff.

Curious... You mentioned you did a LED upgrade to your gauges..... How did it turn out? I'm building a carbon center console to house the new a/c and heat controls, as well as the sound and wide band display. I have plenty of LED's and while building the console, I want it to look semi factoryish without killing the classic 911 interior look. The console has illuminated controls and is superior in lighting compared to the stock stuff. I definetly need to address the poor stock gauge illumination.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #601 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by proffighter View Post
Hope I will be that sick too when I reach your age some day

Seriously, awesome work Cole!
I agree. IIRC, Cole you said somewhere you are around 70? Are you kidding me? I hope I'm still rockin' the 930 when I'm 70. Hell, I hope I'm still on it when I'm 50. I already notice I have to be in the right mood to put in the late-night hours in the garage these days.

Great build and well-documented. Thanks for giving me a distraction and some inspiration.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #602 (permalink)

GJF:

I just finished the LED thing an I'm very pleased. The stock illumination has
always been pretty wimpy and I need all the help I can get anyway.

Here are a couple shots of a stock dash done by Jake (the guy who makes these)

Nice comparison shot:

Complete Set done:

The LED's Jake makes are a direct plug and play for the stock light bulbs.

Send Jake a PM Etarga is his forum name. Great Guy !!!!

Hope this helps !!!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 01-04-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #603 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Thanks Cole!!!
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #604 (permalink)

Ken:

Thanks much for the kind words, glad you enjoyed and it was a ball doing it.

I will in fact be 70 in March I like to consider myself as a 2012 model
with 400,000 miles on it. What I've lost to old age I make up for in stubbornness.
And I always remember my Grandfather's famous words of wisdom.
" With perseverance and a little sweet oil you could f--- a cat"

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 01-04-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #605 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

A March man! LoL I'm one as well... and I think the stubbornness comes naturally with the men of March. Don't think of age as a bad thing, as long as you feel young then that's all that matters. My Father-In-Law is 77 and I hope I'm in as good of shape as he is when I'm his age. I have clients that are in their 60's and they have let themselves go. Or partied too hard and no time for rest. All in moderation.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #606 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Those LEDs look awesome, and as sure I have mentioned before, Cole, everything you do looks awesome. Sure am glad I subscribed to this one ;-)
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #607 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Cole!! I can't wait to have a ride in your Sled! I'm looking forward to this summer to roam the midwest in our turbo beasts!

I'm blown way again for the nth time on your Sled's progress. Those illuminated gauges looks ultra cool. It's hard to believe it's all due to the lighting. Nice!!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #608 (permalink)

Guys;

I had looked at the LED thing sometime back, there was a thread over
in the 911 Forum. Last weekend I was going through my punch list and
saw my note on them. Etarga (Jake) did a lot of research and development
getting these just right. There is no blue or yellow tint to them they are
just great. You will be amazed at the difference and they look like the
lighting should, not cheesy or ricey.

Just PM Etarga, they are $80 for the complete set with warranty and
if you don't like them just send them back for a refund. Jake is great to
work with and takes PayPal I had my order in just a couple days.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 01-20-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #609 (permalink)
Banned

Here is the LED thread Cole is refering to -

The Ultimate LED Ba7s bulbs for Gauges ala ETarga (pic & vid)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #610 (permalink)

Ronnie:

Thanks Bud, old people don't know how to post links !!!!!

Cole
Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #611 (permalink)
Turbofrog

I bought the old timer look leds from Jake and they came fast to Finland too. I haven't installed them yet though but the reviews are all good. Those bright ones look good too it seems.
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38,
99 Audi S4: RS4 engine/E85/K24brids, KW3, Movit+RS6 discs
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #612 (permalink)

Cole,

Where did you get that front bumper from? It's really beautiful.

Keep up the good work, the car is really going to be unique.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #613 (permalink)

Davinci:

It's actually a modified aftermarket bumper I had on a shelf in my garage
for years. We integrated some brake ducts, enlarged the original openings,
and extended the bottom lip. I actually have no idea who made the original.
I bought it at a swap meet and it was broken, in bad shape, but real cheap.

Thanks for the compliments it makes all the work worth the effort.

Cole
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #614 (permalink)

Isn't it clearly obvious....age is a relative thing. I have "relatives" that consider themselves old, but relatively speaking age is just a figment of your mind, regardless of whether or not your body is cooperating. I'm on the down-hill slide to 60 here shortly, and looking forward to a nice even numbered age to go with my 20+ year old mindset.

With Cole's ingenuity and phenominal skills, there's a subliminal message in the background. Live for the moment, live for today, live for all the pleasures you can get where ever you find them. Forget about the past 'cause you can't change it, and don't worry about the future 'cause it will catch up with you regardless.

I love philosophyzing, but would love even more to hear Cole's work of art on full-tilt-boogie come the spring thaw! Cole....you bad dad!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #615 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Hey Cole, looking great - still!!....can't wait to see and hear that video

Have you shot any photos of the deck hinges you mentioned on the previous page?

Cheers
Spencer
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #616 (permalink)

Mr. Gimpy:

Age only counts when it's chisled on your tombstone, until then
live like a man with his hair on fire.

Spenny:

Here are a couple pic of what the hinges look like.

They are made in stainless steel from TRE

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 01-05-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #617 (permalink)

Garage
I did the LED thing years ago but I did red bulbs for better night vision when transitioning from viewing the gauges to down the road your eyes adjust faster when not using "white light sources."
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #618 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Garage
Cole I am loving the "completeness" of the design elements in your build it is all purpose driven nothing superfluous about it just business.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #619 (permalink)

Garage
I also think that car is the fastest color there is do you think you can make it up to northern Michigan for the Porsche Parade this June?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #620 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: