Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Kevin:

" one more thing for the "What could it be?? list" is exactly why I decided
to post this.

I went through absolutely everything I could think of, including, a
plugged return line trying to figure this one out. But I looked between the
fuel head and the tank fitting for a blockage. I disconnected the tank return
line and dropped the return line from the tunnel hose into a glass jar and
got all kinds of fuel when I turned the pumps on. I actually capped off the
return fitting at the tank because fuel was running out. (never gave a thought
to the fuel running out might be what was setting in the line between the fitting
and a blockage)

I just hope my lesson saves someone else the same grief !!!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #741 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfk32 View Post
No joke....GREAT WERK!!!!!!

I know I would of thrown rocks at my car and not touched it until 2014.

Congrats again!!!

Walt
ROFLMAO - ^this^

tho Todd's reply evoked a close 2nd 8-)

great to hear from you - missed ya you old coot

ya know, yer whiteazz car will look most righteous set against a snowy white backdrop

frostycold vehiclular bonghits, await!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #742 (permalink)

Paul:

Good to hear from you bud !!!!

Sometimes the s--- comes down so hard you need a hat and
you just have to stop, reload, and come back swinging. I am back to
swinging and ducking but I've been getting hit a lot so I've switched
to outlast them mode.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 10-25-2013 at 09:27 PM..
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #743 (permalink)

Garage
Great to see you're back Cole.

What an effort you went through. Great there was a solution.
1986 944 Turbo
Old 10-25-2013, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #744 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I know what you mean Cole I work a lot of 84s and they kick my ass too! Glad you figured out what the issue is and are getting it fixed.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 10-25-2013, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #745 (permalink)

Trond & G Man

Thanks guy's I appreciate the encouragement. Hope you are both
doing well.

They will be cutting the tank open late next week so we can get a
peek. I'll try to get some pics so we can all learn a little.

Cole
Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #746 (permalink)

Well after 4 weeks I got the gas tank back. The poor old girl required
open heart surgery, a triple bypass, and is re-cooperating back home.
The scar is a bit smaller than mine but they did get the job done.

I was told the blockage was through the first and second 90 degree bends
and into the swirl pot. This was caused by draining the tank and storing it for
several years. All the sediment from the tank interior mixed with residual fuel.
This setteled in the swirl pot / return line and hardened over the years.

No matter how old we are we can still learn.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 11-15-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #747 (permalink)

I'm dying to hear your drive report! Hopefully she'll be on the road and rip snorting soon.
Denver, CO
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #748 (permalink)

Garage
Nice scar on your Old Sled Cole!! It sure looks like heart surgery as you said. Let's hope that you will get your car done before it snows!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #749 (permalink)

Cole, I been gone so long I hesitate to post. Have just caught up on last 6 mths progress. WELL DONE. FANTASTIC. You did not find the blocked fuel return 'by accident'. You can take the credit for being thorough and going through everything. No short cuts.
Not by accident, by perseverance and being thorough. Well done. A win well deserved.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 12-17-2013, 11:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #750 (permalink)
Online pharmacy dropshipp

nice your froum site post.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #751 (permalink)

Alan:

Great to hear from you my friend. I hope you and Mother are doing well !!!!!

I'm guessing the SHED has been elbows and *******s with you preparing
for the racing season with lots of updates. Good to see you back where you
belong so keep us updated on whats going on.

Cole
Old 12-19-2013, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #752 (permalink)

Well a bit of an update on the Sled.

We have been shoveling snow and staying tucked in trying to stay warm and
outlast the weather.

The Sled is resting with her feet up in the lower garage.

I did find the more period correct steering wheel I bought sometime back
and managed to get it installed.

In preparation for the tank reinstall I got a boot and cap for my front 044 fuel pump from The Turbo God.
I replaced and rerouted fuel hoses for the fuel and return lines from the tunnel to the tank with good high
pressure hoses and got the pump reinstalled.

I cleaned up the, re-cooperating from surgery, original fuel tank, did a little scrubbing and painting, and
made a new gasket for it. Got the tank back in and everything hooked up so we are getting close to ready
to go.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 12-19-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #753 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I like your spare tire cover i have to make one of those also. The car is looking fantastic great job Cole.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #754 (permalink)

G Man:

Hey Bud hope your doing well and thanks, Im glad you like the Sled.

I cut out a cover so I could use the space for the spare to hold a road kit. I have a small pack of tools wrapped in a shop towel, a small scissor jack, jumper cables, flares, 12 VDC air compressor, good LED flash lite, tow strap, etc. By having the cover it gives me a nice flat floor that will at least hold some clothes for a road trip and keeps the look neat and clean.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 12-19-2013 at 02:43 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #755 (permalink)

So, when traversing across the Indiana wastelands and you have a blowout, that's what AA is for (or is that AAA - what's another A amongst friends - damned if my pickled brain can remember). I'm old now, ya know?

I used my funky spare a couple years ago while tempting fate with known seriously shot rear tires. Being the ever frugal person that I am (i.e, cheap bastard) I figured I could get a few more miles out of them. Well....not happenin'! Luckily I wasn't on boost or going over 50 when the right rear announced her demise. The spare worked and so did the 12V OEM pump, once I figured out how to hook the damn thing up. Served it's purpose, got me back on the road.
But you're safe without a spare, Cole. Flat tires in the downstairs garage pose no road hazzard
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #756 (permalink)

Grandpa Gimp:

The funky spare fits in it's normal nest and the tools are under the cover in front of the spare. I have a backup
plan with excellent insurance and a cell phone.

All I need now is four new tires to replace the four that have dry rotted while sitting for years in the lower garage.

Cole
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #757 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Grandpa Gimp:

The funky spare fits in it's normal nest and the tools are under the cover in front of the spare. I have a backup
plan with excellent insurance and a cell phone.

All I need now is four new tires to replace the four that have dry rotted while sitting for years in the lower garage.

Cole
Ah....now I see. Wasn't looking at it correctly.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #758 (permalink)

Grandpa Gimpy :

When you turn 60 your eyes are the second thing to go !!!!!

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 01-16-2014 at 08:10 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #759 (permalink)

Well it's being a long cold winter. My old bones are hating it but it has given me some time to tidy things up a bit. I went on a Rennline binge because I have had some time and wanted to change a few things.

I like simple and went for a more functional looking interior and trunk so I
made some changes.

We are ready to go !!!!

As soon as this is gone the Sled and I are gone !!!!!

Cole
Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #760 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: