Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slantnose from HELL

Cole,
I been away from the P car boards trying my best to navigate and survive through this economy, but I do check in here from time to time. Came home today early to get some proposals out and had some extra time to try and catch up on the guys here. I read your post.............................................. .............................. I cannot put in words the feelings felt. I'll include you in my prayers and hope you and your family all the best. I will anxiously await your post of you driving your pride and joy. And we all should toast you when you DO! G
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Cole,
It is a long way from here. But I have long wanted to catch up some day with as many of these Pelicanite guys as possible. Hopefully you can give us a bit of warning when the big event may happen.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-22-2011, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

GJF,

Man, looking at that signature build sheet you damn sure named the car correctly.
Really sweet.

Sorry things are going rough for you. The entire business climate sucks and is probably going to stay that way for a while. You need to remember the words of wisdom my grandfather told me many, many years ago
"with perseverance and a little sweet oil you could f--- a cat" In the past few years I've reflected on that saying a lot. So just put your head down, keep swinging and ducking, hope ya don't get hit much, and just outlast em. Works for me.

Thanks for the kindness and prayers and know the old guy will be just fine. All the guys here have kept me going more than they will ever know and I will be forever grateful. There were a lot of nites I was hurting and couldn't sleep so I'd get on Pelican.
You clowns always made me laugh just at the times I needed it most.

The Sled is coming along fine and we will have that drive before Summer is over.

You hang in there and if you get to a point where you need someone's shoes to piss on just give me a call 260-570-6914

Thanks !!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 08-21-2011 at 06:49 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Alan,

I'm going to keep the post going until we are on the road. I'll try to post pics. and updates as I go along. Some of this stuff I'm doing is a little out of the box and might be fun or informative for others and I always get good constructive criticism from these clowns. It might be fun for all of us. I'll certainly announce when the shakedown cruise is going to be.

I'm afraid this all may be a little anti-climatic because the old girl isn't any Turbo Kraft masterpiece and I'm damn sure no Chris Carroll. I mean let's get real here, it's some old schmuck in his tiny ass garage scraping parts together however he can and having to do everything himself. So I hope everyone understands that.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 06-25-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

"I mean let's get real here, it's some old smuck in his tiny ass garage scraping parts together however he can and having to do everything himself. So I hope everyone understands that."

Sounds just like me, and a whole bunch of others on this forum. Then you also see the masterpieces that we can all drool over. I always admired the fantastic job 356-930 did by fitting a meth injected 930 into a 356. Unfortunately he has sold the work of art, but I had some correspondence with him, and a nicer bloke you could not find. Just like a heap of others on this board.
keep at it Cole. You are an inspiration to us all.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Hear,hear Cole but isn't the fact that we do these things in a shop that is barely equipped to change a tire much less some of the things we do here most of the fun. I am just tickled that my motor is still running this long. Friday night a friend has invited me to go to his church (he is the pastor) for their vacation bible school where the theme is a race car theme and the sprint car they had lined up to be there blew up so he thought of me to provide a sports car for the kids viewing pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Alan,

I'm going to keep the post going until we are on the road. I'll try to post pics. and updates as I go along. Some of this stuff I'm doing is a little out of the box and might be fun or informative for others and I always get good constructive criticism from these clowns. It might be fun for all of us. I'll certainly announce when the shakedown cruise is going to be.

I'm afraid this all may be a little anti-climatic because the old girl isn't any
Turbo Kraft masterpiece and I'm damn sure no Chris Carroll. I mean let's get real here, it's some old smuck in his tiny ass garage scraping parts together however he can and having to do everything himself. So I hope everyone understands that.

Cole
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Alan,

That was Chris Toy, what a great guy and valuable contributor. The Turbo 356 was absolutely killer. Someone told me Chris was having some health issues I sure wish him well.

You never have to worry about the old guy hanging in there, I have no quit in me.

G Man

You, for sure, fit into the do it yourself category "McGiver Himself !!!!!"

That's great, what your doing for the kids at church, they will absolutely love the car.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 08-21-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Cole, I don't know what I've done to get this kind of high praise from you, but a heartfelt thank-you.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone can do what we do at TK -- you just have to want to do it, and be stubborn enough to see it through. And you've got the vision, the skills, and perseverance in spades. Your first home-built attempt at a center-mounted turbocharger is coming out way nicer than my first attempt. Raise a glass to your workmanship, friend: you're going to have a helluva Turbo when this is done.

And since they're never really "done", we know you'll be with us for a long time. :-)

You're right about Chris Toy, too. A really nice man, and a hot-rodder with a love for the classic Porsches. He sent me a CD chronicling the build of the 356-930, and it made my OCD fixation with details look tame. That was an amazing car. He did develop health problems that made driving the car difficult, and had the courage to part with the masterpiece he'd sweated over so many years.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-22-2011, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it.

Garage
Quote:
Bill,

I have just what you need buddy. When I started the mount I had contacted Richart Lawer, Motley911, this guy has built the absolutely most incredible twin turbo RSR clone that ever existed. He sent me a drawing of the engine mount he made for his twin turbo set up. It was a great help to me dimension wise. He's is one of the greatest guys I've ever talked to. I'll give him a call and see if he would mind my sending the layout to you. If you go to the tech discussion forum and search under Motly911 you'll find his build thread. Take a look it will absolutely blow you away.

Cole
Cole,

That would be fantastic! I just got my turbo's back and will be starting on the plumbing layout this weekend. I will search for his thread as suggested.

-Bill
77 Euro 911 3.0 Wide Body - under construction
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rennsport/collections/72157618856489537/
Old 06-23-2011, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Now I have all my lines and fittings and I'm going to try to use an old AC compressor perch to mount the CIS on.

Cole
Gramps-

I have an A/C bracket that I cut the bottom off (the part that the muffler straps to stayed in the car) if that is ??? of any ??? help to you with that endeavor. In case you needed to eff up an OE bracket and had reservations of molesting your own.

Say so, and it's in ze mail!

I had to laugh @ yours / Gerry's garage references. Right? "SCHMUCK" is exactly right - that's how I feel every time I take a wrench to something. I praise you fukkerz here who are so genuinely talented, creative, and successful with this stuff. I've learned sooooooo much from you all just by reading this dribble here daily 8-). Still manage to eff things up tho, d'oh.

Cole, Porsche Parade is 'almost' "end of summer" (8/5 weekend)... 8-)!!!

Keep on keepin on over there sir... looking forward to each update!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-23-2011, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Mr. Carroll:

I will start by saying I have a picture around here someplace that shows you and Fisher at the old Powerhaus shop in suits and ties. I've always saved it in case I ever needed it to blackmail you for discount parts, incidentally I may have to do that on the IC I need.

That was a long, long, time ago. In all those years you have always taken the time to talk with me, answered my stupid questions, ignored my ignorance without reticule, and always helped me in any way you could. You've never blown me off, asked me to buy something, or tried to sell me anything. My financial situation has prevented me from being able to buy all I would like to from you or use your services as I would like and in spite of that you have always been there for me. My grand father always told me "You don't have to be a Doctor, a Lawyer, or an Indian Chief, how you treat your fellow man on a day to day basis is how you leave your mark"

The outstanding quality of your work and your impeccable attention to detail have finally been recognized by many others and your seeing the success and acknowledgment you have so long deserved.

So now you know what you have done to deserve such praise, it's because you are, that man my grandfather talked about.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 06-23-2011 at 11:12 AM..
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Bill:

If you send me your E-mail I'll get that information off to you.

Cole
Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Paul:

I appreciate your AC bracket offer but I had picked an extra up a few years ago when I was contemplating this project.

You'll be fine. Becoming a decent wrench is a progression of repeatably f------ things up until you finally get them right. By the time your my age you'll be nearly perfect.

Gramps

Last edited by cole930; 08-21-2011 at 06:57 AM..
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Chris we all have the same praise for you and your work because we all can tell you care about the customer and a quality job is priority one and you are willing to be transparent enough to post your work on a public forum for all to see. Thank you and also thank you for being willing to add your 2 cents when you see someone getting ready to do something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Cole, I don't know what I've done to get this kind of high praise from you, but a heartfelt thank-you.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone can do what we do at TK -- you just have to want to do it, and be stubborn enough to see it through. And you've got the vision, the skills, and perseverance in spades. Your first home-built attempt at a center-mounted turbocharger is coming out way nicer than my first attempt. Raise a glass to your workmanship, friend: you're going to have a helluva Turbo when this is done.

And since they're never really "done", we know you'll be with us for a long time. :-)

You're right about Chris Toy, too. A really nice man, and a hot-rodder with a love for the classic Porsches. He sent me a CD chronicling the build of the 356-930, and it made my OCD fixation with details look tame. That was an amazing car. He did develop health problems that made driving the car difficult, and had the courage to part with the masterpiece he'd sweated over so many years.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 06-23-2011, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Well guy's my week pretty much sucked as everything I started on required ordering nickle / dime parts to finish and I'm sitting here with my thumb up may ass until then......

Oh Wait !!!!!!! I got a package from the big brown truck man.

ALL RIGHT !!!!!! AT LEAST 25 HP OF OLD SCHOOL COOL VALUE !!!

A BIG THANK YOU TO MARTY !!!!!

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 06-25-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 06-25-2011, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Outstanding Cole!!! Looking at that exhaust tip, the lightbulb went on. I have something for you. A few years ago I sourced a custom intake for CIS. It consists of a round "hat" with two 3" hose connections so you can run intake hoses to remote filters in the fenderwells or as I was going to route them into naca ducts from the quarter windows. I was told it came off a 935 bodied 930 race car...

Pm me your address and it's yours buddy...
Old 06-25-2011, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

JP:

I am big fan of your's, your car is absolutely killer and exceptionally well done. I guess great minds run in the same gutters because I was just trying to work out an air filter design for the Sled. I was looking for something I can tie back into the tail and that may be just the ticket. I appreciate your offering and if for some reason I can't make it work I'll get it back to you and it is really kind of you.

David Cole
6247 County Rd. 427
Auburn, In. 46706

THANKS JP !!!!

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 08-21-2011 at 07:00 AM..
Old 06-25-2011, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Glad to help out any way I can. Will box up and get her off to you first thing Monday am...
Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

A bit of an update on the Sled. Just received another old school donation to the project from JP (RSRFAN) and it is way cool. He sent me a CIS fresh air intake off a 935 bodied 930 that apparently was a race car because I know I had seen it somewhere before. I wanted to post it to see if anyone could identify it.

CIS Cold Air Intake. Bolts directly to the top of the Fuel distributor and allows ducting of filtered fresh air directly into the metering assy. If anyone has seen this before I would appreciate any information you might have.

Thanks !!!

Cole
Old 06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Looks like a dual inlet carburetor hat. That oughta work.

Not as crazy as the twin-outlet CIS airflow sensor lower housing I have seen for a twin turbo...
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: