Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

"cut off the outlet flange to the TB and reposition..."
That's the way I would do it, I have seen some 930's with big intercoolers where the shelf was cut into, looks like total ass in my opinion - shows a total disregard for how the car was engineered. Now if it was going to be a track only car or race car then hack the entire shelf out and use chro-moly tube to make your solution.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)

IC going back to Chris for modification and I've finished the clutter clean up, the fuel lines,
fuel distributor installed, and turbo inlet plumbing is in. Finally felling like I'm getting somewhere.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 10-26-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Work of art...
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)

Bait:

I don't think I would go that far but I think it works, Thanks !!!!

Are you doing the body conversion on the Track Dog. Where you at with that?

Nice to hear from you, give Sophie a treat for me.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)

Great work Cole!!!!

Cole--The oil filter on the right side looks like a tight fit,,Is there enough flow for that size???

Walt
Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Cole,
Tracdog is stripped to bare metal and is getting primed in two weeks. Flares and new valance are sitting in my garage.. I need to order the vinyl this week. So I'm making progress...Been busy with other stuff RennsportIV, 24 hours of lemons last weekend,, chasing tail!!!
Sophie is doing well!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Walt:

Good eyes !!!! I have used Wix filters for a long time and have never had an
issue. It is a little close in there but it's amazingly easy to reach back there and spin it
off. It's one of Wix's performance racing series filters and they use a T10 media and
will move 267 cfm of air and over 30 GPM. But the added benefit was it fits in there.
This has been like putting 3 quarts of s--- in a 1/2 gallon jar.

Bait:

Awesome, I can't wait to see some pics. Sounds like you have been having a good
time, as usual. Good timing for doing the car you'll be good to go when the track
season starts. Be well my friend and stay in touch.

Cole
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)

Stupid question - It's hard to see elevations, but certainly you have enough room for an aircleaner to be sandwiched between the IC and the metering plate housing of the fuel distributor?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)

Mr. Mark:

OOOOOPS !!!!!! Just kidding the IC does no go that far over so I'm
fine there. The tough one is the pass side decklid hinge. Might have to tear
the hinges off my shed and nail them to the panel between the back
window and onto the decklid.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 10-26-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
The tough one is the pass side decklid hinge. Might have to tear the hinges off my shed and screw them to the panel between the back window and onto the decklid.Cole
Oh yeah babe, that would be a nice touch. Make it something rustic like black wrought iron, maybe a Gothic old-world design. Hell, might as well do the drivers side to match.

I bet you've got a better fix up your sleeve, though.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)

Mark:

What a great idea, that has to look better then bending those nails over.

Nothing a Makita grinder, some 3/16 rod bent in the correct shape, and a good
welder can't fix. Now I have to paint the da-- thing, come to think of it I didn't
really like that yellow on the tail might as well shoot it too.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 10-26-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)

Perfect....couldn't ha' done better myself (but the "good welder" part is where I'm lacking, I would blow holes most likely and end up Bondo'ing over them in a true McGiverish fashion).
Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

Rest assured I wasn't the good welder, credit goes to Arlo's Implement
Repair and Creamatorium.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 10-26-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Cole, where does your charge pipe come up from the turbo? Right of the fan?

Did you consider dropping a Carrera intake onto your isolators... I mean, it's not too late, and now that your metering unit is out of the way, and heck, no rigid injector lines to mess with. And since your getting the intercooler modded...
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Reast assured I wasn't the good welder, credit goes to Arlo's Implement
Repair and Creamatorium.

Cole
Has Arlo's Implement Repair and Crematorium ever considered going in to the Auto business, and would they consider Outwork on Porsches?
Come to think of it, my boat could do with a bit of welding too - how do they go on Aluminium (or Aluminum to you guys).
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
Has Arlo's Implement Repair and Crematorium ever considered going in to the Auto business, and would they consider Outwork on Porsches?
Come to think of it, my boat could do with a bit of welding too - how do they go on Aluminium (or Aluminum to you guys).
Alan
Forget Arlo... you guys down under have some of the best aluminum welders on the planet. Just google Austal. They are a ship builder from Australia and everything they build is AL. You should see the amount of welding and how beautiful each one is on those ships. Freaking amazing! (Sorry Cole for the diversion)
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 10-26-2011, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

Jim:

Great to hear from you, I'm a big fan of yours. I would love to have your RSR
project. Your work is incredible. If I had the funds I would be on my way.

I got this old school obsession that makes me keep what the car came with
and although I had, at one time, considered the Carrera intake I decided to keep
what I had and bought my WMI instead.

The turbo up pipe comes up just to the right of the fan housing just like the
934's. Have a new IC to go with it but I sent it back to Chris for modification.
We were trying to design it over the phone and moved the IC to far forward
and that put the IC intake connection on top of the rear latch panel apron.

Couple of pics: The 934 header and turbo location and our FUBAR on the IC
position.

Cole
Old 10-26-2011, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)

Alan, Buddy / (Mate in Australian)

Hope your doing well my friend, any updates on a GT3 purchase? !!!!!!

Arlo welds anything from manure spreaders to 930's and he will even cremate you pets. Just had them do the
aluminum trim around the burner pan for the my new fire pit I built and they did a stellar job.

JB:

All distractions are hartely welcomed.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 10-26-2011 at 09:09 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)

Well there you go. Their talents know no end. Maybe in between cremations, they could go into the Aluminium boat business.
Yes DSP Turtle - I have two Al boat builders 20 minutes from home. But I bet they don't do cremations or fire pits.
Cole, your work is superb. It will end up in an art gallery. Looking more like something Chris Toy would fabricate, everyday.
All the best, and hope your health is progressing as good as your machine.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 10-26-2011, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #179 (permalink)

Alan:

The old guy is just fine I went to Mayo for a checkup and I'm good to go so far.

Appreciate the kudos but no way I'm in Chris Toy's league but I'm pleased with
what we have so far. Can't wait to get the IC back. I've been procrastinating
doing some wiring I need to repair and clean up so this would be a good time
to get it done.

Cole
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #180 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: