Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
should I remove smog pump?

I am having the engine dropped to take care of some transmission leaks and engine oil leaks and I am looking for thoughts on removing the smog equipment. I don't have to do emissions anymore. besides less weight are there any other noticeable differences?
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Like you said, you'll remove weight. You'll also remove several pipes that could rust and leak air, screwing up your AFR. Also, having the air injected into your exhaust does influence your AFR readings, so if you are using a wide band O2 sensor to tune your engin, it will be a bit off.

Running the pump also takes power, reducing power to the wheels a tiny bit - though others have studies showing the pumped air actually helps keep the turbo spinning and can help add HP when working...so you have to consider this, too.

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
stock 3.3L w/GT35R, B&B Headers, RarlyL8 muffler, B&B intercooler, Tial wastegate, Electromotive tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter
Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
thats good info thanks
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: