Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to kinein
3.2 supercharger tuning performance chip

does anyone know or have for sell a chip for my supercharger project.....i am looking to get one done or buy one for a 3.2 setup... i have talked to steve wong he hasnt really done one.....so who else does anyone might know? i have a paxton sn2000 on a 3.2 only mods are borla turbo exhaust stock cams, goin to get a fabspeed premuffler............. looking for a premuffler if anyone has one.......
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Chip

When I purchased my SOK kit 10 years ago, it came with a chip to retard the timing. I don't know of anyone who has a spare. If you know someone local that has a SC, you may want to find a way to duplicate their chip for a start.

By the way, the only problem that I have had with my SC over the last ten years happened about 5 years ago when it locked up on me. When I sent it in for repair, I was told that the folks at Paxton frequently over tightened the bearing. Have not had a problem since.

Kevin
Old 06-25-2011, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
found one to copy tryin to see if steve wong will copy it for me

thank you, i just bought a new blower so we see how it goes what other engine mods did you do? you can respond to my pm
Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
PM Sent

Kevin
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Chip

I will contact the former owner of SOK and see if there is any way to purchase a chip from him.

Kevin
Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

new to forum. Can you post some pics and info on your set up. I was thinking of doing the same to my 87 911
thanks joe d
Old 06-26-2011, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

If you've got one to copy just look up your local electronics tech they'll be able to copy and burn you one, you dont need a chip tuner for that. The map would probably be the same as a protomotive stage 1 like I have, I can't imagine why it would be much different, if you get stuck contact them.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 06-26-2011, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
If you've got one to copy just look up your local electronics tech they'll be able to copy and burn you one, you dont need a chip tuner for that. The map would probably be the same as a protomotive stage 1 like I have, I can't imagine why it would be much different, if you get stuck contact them.
so you use the stage 1 protomotive for your sc paxton setup. this chip was the one that sok sold with there kits for the paxton setup on the 3.2......i almost got the stage 1 until a fellow pelicanite offer his for copy, how is that stage 1 workin for you?
Old 06-26-2011, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Ahhh ok, that is what I use yeah and it's been great, I also have the protomotive RRFPR, it's all just plug and play, been running it since 2008. I use a smaller turbo than most, it's a GT30R, it spools really quickly, goes well!
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 06-26-2011, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Pictures

I will post more pictures as soon as I can. Stay posted.

Kevin
Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Additional pictures

The idler is a Ford part #F5TE-6B209-CA. Make sure that you have room under the tale when it's closed.

I hope that this helps.

Kevin
Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Wer bremst verliert

You can definately kluge together something that works by adjusting various regulators, changing injectors, chips and valves.

I think you will find many (i dont know if 'most' is right) people convert to an aftermarket ECU when supercharging. It might have something to do with the fact that if you are supercharging, you are also more likely to be changing a lot of other things like cams, exhausts, intakes, pulley sizes, etc.

It is an expensive, time consuming task but it also allows you to get the most from the conversion and allow you flexibility to adjust.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Try Protomotive
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
todd is out of the country anyone here who is supercharged running protomotive stage one chip and also did you have to have it finally tuned after all said and done????????
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Todd, I **** you not, made a chip for my car over the phone by the PO.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

To add to post above, I don't think you can tune these cars on the dyno live time as far as I am told. They are too ancient of technology.

But, I could be wrong.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
well
Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
kdubb,

what a/c unit you are using and where did you get the serpentine pulley for it.......thanks for the pics they are great......i am looking for the a/c unit and pulley.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
are u running a heater also i see the ducting do you havepics of the setup on your heater and what blower you are using for the heater did you have to backdate?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
lookinig for a/c unit for my setup with serpentine pulley
Old 06-29-2011, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: