Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
what antenna for '79 930?

In my never ending quest for improved fuel economy I'm now focusing on the non-op electric antenna that waggles in the wind even with the radio off.

Car is '79 930. Would like it to work again. Our host says the part is nla.

Advice about getting it going again? Seems stuck, can't raise or lower.

What modern part will work for me?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I brough a black Hirschmann power antenna (HIT AUTA 2040) for my 84 turbo from this website

HIT AUTA 2040 Electric Aerial

It was a direct replacement.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

if I had to do it again I would simply change the windscreen out to the one with the embedded antenna. the power is noisy and a pain, just leave it down and go glass.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I gutted my car of a lot of superfluous dead-weight, and I considered an electric radio antenna as dead-weight.

I went with a stock Hirschmann black regular antenna, and it's about $30, and easy to install. As with an new antenna installation, make sure you seal up the wheel well when done. My car is Ivory, so it is a good color mix.

I only "fly" my antenna at about half-staff. Car never has a problem getting reception.

Also, you may consider not carrying a spare wheel if you drive close to where you live. How often do you get flats, really? If the area where you live is cool in Summer, you may consider the 85-100lbs of A/C as dead-weight too. Plus some of that weight is hanging out over the rear axle.

Last edited by Tilikum Turbo; 07-03-2011 at 07:01 AM..
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks.

What should I use to reseal the wheel well?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: