Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Blitzkrieg

300 mile trip, only a few issue's

So, I had too go pick up my kids from my mom so decided to take the 930 (300 miles round trip). It was pretty warm (high 80's) black car, no A/C etc...

My first little issue was another air injector plug falling out, luckily I had 4 spares in the boot with the right allen wrench. Upon installing I noticed oil dripping from the oil return banjo bolt. So I just happened to have a 22mm socket (for the spare belt) and tightened it up.

All is well decided to make a pit stop, and get some cold water and check the oil. After we roam around for a few minutes I go too start it to check the oil and nothing. Sounds like the starter is spinning but the solenoid is engaging it.

So I let it cool down for a few minutes, because I remember reading a post not long ago about over-heating starters. 10 minutes and no luck, so I tell the boys 6 & 9 were gonna have too push start it. Each grab a bumperette and I push on the door sill and bam, were good to go. Check the oil and were off for the last 40 miles.

It always nice when your prepared for the little issues.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Tools...I try to keep a selection on board as well. Sounds like your kids ended up being the best tools of all. Now about that starter...hmmm. Mine has yet to give me any trouble. Wish I had some kids to stuff in the boot for emergencies like that.
Finally heating up here in Washington. I think it was close to 95 here in Ephrata. Been riding the Harley to work....no AC, but then none in the 930 either.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Blitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Tools...I try to keep a selection on board as well. Sounds like your kids ended up being the best tools of all. Now about that starter...hmmm. Mine has yet to give me any trouble. Wish I had some kids to stuff in the boot for emergencies like that.
Finally heating up here in Washington. I think it was close to 95 here in Ephrata. Been riding the Harley to work....no AC, but then none in the 930 either.
Yes, those little tools/boys came in handy! Went to Vantage and back to Spokane so It may have been in the 90's (never looked). I could have easily taken the Tundra with A/C and music, but thats no fun!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a good trip with a story the boys will remember forever...congrats!
69 Vette Race Car since 1971
07 Z06 DD
Old 07-07-2011, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Wish I had some kids to stuff in the boot for emergencies like that.
I would think it would take some of the understeer out of the car too..
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Blitzkrieg

Started right up after everything cooled down. Looks like it may be time for a new/rebuilt starter.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: