Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pads

HELLO. best brake pads for my 930 pagid, ferodo, textat, for street, gracias.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
I now run Pagid "blue" front & rear, works great for me on the street. Albeit a tiny bit of squeal from time to time, but no big deal.
Pagid "orange" squealed like a banshee, did not care much for them.
Mark
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Porsche-Poor

Garage
I just use Metal Masters, have Pagid Oranges but like full quack, squeal like a banshee. . .
1980 911 SC Weissach-regrettably sold
1975 911S-sold but not forgotten
Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

First post? You need to add a pic of your ride....

The search function on this site is actually pretty good. Give'r a try some day...

I depends on what you are doing with your car, track time, street only, etc. Mine is primarily street with a couple of DEs. I've been happy with the Metal Masters so far..

I had a similar thread about this exact question and I did the search for ya so look here for some more info...

Which Brake Pad????
Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum!

First rule here... a picture of the car... second... some details of it... then, it's open dialogue.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Mines a street car so I wanted pads that didn't need a few stops to heat up before working good. I went with Hawk HPS or high performance street pads and I love them. No squeak, great pedal feel, and they slow the car down real quick.

get them and many others here...
Discount Performance Brakes - Brake Pads & Brake Rotors- RACEShopper.com
Old 07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Large Member

Garage
Welcome, and agreed - pics or ban 8-)

I think I've got OE Textar's in mine, great feel / bite, not much dust surprisingly, some fade during DE's but more related to needing a bleed.

I run Ferodo DS2500's in the Brembos my //S8 and I looooooove them. Dusty, and have to lube them 2x/yr (@ snow tire change over) to keep them from squealing but that works. They're wicked grabby, I found myself stopping short when I first put them in. They will fade after lots of hard braking, need DS3000s for real DE work but those squeal like hell and need to be warmed up.

Stay away from Mintex red box - gooey and literally toss off chunks of goo onto the wheels - good grab but fuch that... they literally melt (ran them in my urS6's Big Reds)...

Hear good things about the Hawks...

HTH

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Too many passes being given, no pic, no responses to questions!
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Welcome to the forum!

First rule here... a picture of the car... second... some details of it... then, it's open dialogue.
Hello. thanks for your clarification, I'm from Spain, Catalonia. barcelona. try to put photos.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
Too many passes being given, no pic, no responses to questions!
Thank you. put more pictures. my 930. my car. is prepared. valve spring to 3.4 at 1, turbo 27s, and something else. 375 cv.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
I now run Pagid "blue" front & rear, works great for me on the street. Albeit a tiny bit of squeal from time to time, but no big deal.
Pagid "orange" squealed like a banshee, did not care much for them.
Mark
Thank you. friend. take it into account
Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoats View Post
I just use Metal Masters, have Pagid Oranges but like full quack, squeal like a banshee. . .
thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
First post? You need to add a pic of your ride....

The search function on this site is actually pretty good. Give'r a try some day...

I depends on what you are doing with your car, track time, street only, etc. Mine is primarily street with a couple of DEs. I've been happy with the Metal Masters so far..

I had a similar thread about this exact question and I did the search for ya so look here for some more info...

Which Brake Pad????
by CMI. I see, nobody here uses pagid. greetings
Old 07-14-2011, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
nice,very clean.
Welcome Miguel from Spain.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Turbofrog

I hope you have a garage for your mistress. I've been in Barcelona and the parking culture is 'interesting' : )

I bought PFC 97 for track use and I think I have stock ones for street. Might end up using those PCFs on street too if they are up to it.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas930 View Post
nice,very clean.
Welcome Miguel from Spain.
nice thanks.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
I hope you have a garage for your mistress. I've been in Barcelona and the parking culture is 'interesting' : )

I bought PFC 97 for track use and I think I have stock ones for street. Might end up using those PCFs on street too if they are up to it.
Thank you. if I have garage for my lover
Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: