Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Signature on Repair Authorization Forced after Work is Performed

What do you think of a mechanic that makes you sign the invoice of the pre estimate of work repairs after all the work is done.
By State law, I believe the signature of authorization is required before and not after ALL the work is performed.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it.

Garage
I think if the customer did not want the repairs done, or would have not had them done due to the cost, their would be a problem. The customer has the option to refuse the repair bill I would think if it was not authorized. However, if they did sign that form (even after) the issue would become clouded. I do agree that the repairs should have been authorized first. In some cases such repairs are not reversible so its not like you can request to have it put back the way it was (body work for example).
77 Euro 911 3.0 Wide Body - under construction
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rennsport/collections/72157618856489537/
Old 07-20-2011, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The authorization is suppose to be signed before hand because the customer can say he never told you to do the repairs and if he takes you to court you have nothing to stand on. With a signed authorization there is no question or doubt that you gave permission. How ever some insuranse companies due give the customer paperwork to have completed and signed by repair shop as well as owner to verify work has been done.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: