Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread
Non User

Garage
I think there are more people listening to you than you think. Every time I see a "watch out" post, I take note (especially if it's from a turbo guy). Bottom line is that people need to learn on their own, the people bashing you typically have no skin in the game and are reacting with no 1st hand experience. I'd rather be warned, if the situation causes me to ignore, than if I get screwed at least I had the forewarning and can accept. If no warning, than I'd wonder why my supposed pelican brethren didn't speak up.

Keep up the good word brotha! Even if it only appears in the turbo boards

'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #21 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
yeah i posted some negative feed back a couple years ago on some seats i was screwed with. The person was pretty popular on the regular 911 board I got totally lambasted over it. Two years later the seats i didnt want and was stuck with are worn and look like crap.
I remember that you got the shaft on that
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #22 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
I think there are more people listening to you than you think. Every time I see a "watch out" post, I take note (especially if it's from a turbo guy). Bottom line is that people need to learn on their own, the people bashing you typically have no skin in the game and are reacting with no 1st hand experience. I'd rather be warned, if the situation causes me to ignore, than if I get screwed at least I had the forewarning and can accept. If no warning, than I'd wonder why my supposed pelican brethren didn't speak up.

Keep up the good word brotha! Even if it only appears in the turbo boards
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #23 (permalink)

Garage
I hope you reconsider. The negative feedback and reminders are super important and appreciated by many. I think deleting your old posts was a terrible idea!!

First, you need to name the problem parties in the first post of a new thread (or even this thread?) Describe the issues you've had with them and cross link.

Then whenever you see threads involving the suspect sellers you can just cross post a link to your "offenders" thread. Important that its your thread, not some general catch-all of negative feedback. No need to be shrill or let your anger show, just register that you had an issue in the past, then buyers can be careful or not, you did your part as a good guy.

So far I've had a super time transacting with pelicans. It is good to be reminded that this is still the interweb and not everyone can be trusted.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #24 (permalink)

Jerry,
We need more Passionate Porsche People like yourself that are committed to identify faulty products and services.
Your experiences are appreciated and necessary to this forum.
You are what this forum is all about. It's not just sharing pretty photos of our cars but sharing information with fellow interested Porsche owners. I wish I had the Internet in the 70's when I was restoring my rusty 356.
Why are you so down about this whole thing.
Who put a gag order on you that makes you so frustrated?
We all welcome your valuable experiences.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #25 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I put the gag order on myself when posts are made to show some decency and take it elsewhere or stop flexing my internet muscle I realize I am being rude after a point and am just going to stop if I see something someone is going to do that is shakey then I will PM them and warn them about who they are doing business with but otherwise no more posting on peoples threads Al posted on a thread this morning showing what kind of tool he is posting his solution which I am shocked it takes him an hour to remove the butterfly from a throttle body it is 4 nuts a linkage and 2 screws but the point is the post above outlined the posters fix in detail and mr clueless didn't even look at it but the important thing is he didn't address the point I made about the POS air filter he was originally hawking that will ruin your motor if you run it because of the "cool looking" 120 cell per inch screen that allows unfiltered air into your turbo and motor but if I am the only one calling this guy out then it looks like a vendetta and it looks like I am being ignored and wasting my time.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #26 (permalink)

Happiest when Tinkering

I rest my case on it not doing any good to keep going on and on about this guy or any guy screwing people on this forum I just looked at the air cleaner thread and after everything I posted and warnings about using a filter with a fine metal screen a guy still asked al for the part number and price for his crappy air filter I am convinced that my message falls mostly on deaf ears and therefore worthless the funny thing about it this guy will spend a lot more for this neat looking albeit crappy filter than he would for a good K&N.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #27 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I must have actually (I may be wrong) been hitting his bottom line as one of the individuals mentioned in this thread has been posting on more threads but the interesting fact is that he seems to mostly post about customer cars or he did this and you can get this for x amount USD so his posts are an attempt to drum up business and I just wish that my fellow pelicans would give him the feedback that adding technical information is acceptable in a technical forum just don't use the tech forum to sell his products. Turbokraft doesn't do that Clewett doesn't do that Elephant racing or Rebel racing hasn't done that they just offer advise or show what they are doing in a technical sort of way. If I am correct to hawk retail parts or services in any forum on this board without Wayne's permission is strickly prohibited by the forum rules.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #28 (permalink)

G Man:

I would like to see a dedicated Turbo classified section sometime. I will post some of my take offs here now and then but it's because they are good low mile parts and I would like to see the guy's here get first dibs on things they could use.

It's getting so I have to look through pages of classifieds and may find a couple 930 parts for sale.I wouldn't have any issues with anyone posting that they have this and that for sale and if your interested in anything just PM them. I definitely don't want to see retail parts sellers posting. Our host deserves our patronage for providing us with such a great community as this and I know most of us are prettyl to Wayne.

I will say I'm a huge fan of having the Pro Builders participating on the forum. Guys like Steve Weiner, Henry, and "The Horsepower God " himself are such an incredible source of tried and true information their input is absolutely priceless. Chris is going to build me the first million dollar 930 Super Car as soon as I win the lottery.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 09-07-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #29 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I couldn't agree more and I have no problem with a guy that has some parts left over from a build and wants to put them out for the guys that can use them. The guy I am talking about has a hundred posts and I would say 90% he is hawking goods and services he is talking about his twin turbo build right now and he is setting it up for 1000 hp but it has been this way since I started my project because it was one of the cars I looked at when I started looking for parts. I have realized this guy is fluff and nothing more he won't do anymore with that car I mean he talks like he has tons of money in his posts but it is just like the car he posted on a thread that had an intercooler installed on a NA motor for looks it is all show and no go and really when you look at the welds and such for the prices he is asking not much show either. I like the pros getting involved also they have real info to add and are not trying to sell their services with every other post. Thanks for responding Cole I just wish the gang would jump on board an run this guy off he really is a blight on our little community. I am biased the guy has screwed me and I don't like it since I have moved out to the country and live off a gravel road I have been having issues with other parts of his that I haven't replaced yet because they are such poor tolerances they are moving around on me so I will be replacing them very soon.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #30 (permalink)

G Man:

I've been on here for a lot of years, I was actually here under a different name even before cole930 in 2000. I've seen a lot of people come and go. The thing you realize is different people are here for different reasons, some because of the love for the Marque, some for the company, some to be someone they are not, and some to screw others. The one thing I can assure you of, the cream always rises to the top. Those are the guys we all know and love because we know they would do anything to help us and we would do anything to help them. The ones like the guy you are talking about just fade away. Don't waste your time on him, eventually everyone will naturally just weed him out. "Your a 930 or your not, there is no in between"

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 09-08-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #31 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
G Man:

I've been on here for a lot of years, I was actually here under a different name even before cole930 in 2000
Cole
I KNEW you were in the witness protection program!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #32 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
I couldn't agree more and I have no problem with a guy that has some parts left over from a build and wants to put them out for the guys that can use them. The guy I am talking about has a hundred posts and I would say 90% he is hawking goods and services he is talking about his twin turbo build right now and he is setting it up for 1000 hp but it has been this way since I started my project because it was one of the cars I looked at when I started looking for parts. I have realized this guy is fluff and nothing more he won't do anymore with that car I mean he talks like he has tons of money in his posts but it is just like the car he posted on a thread that had an intercooler installed on a NA motor for looks it is all show and no go and really when you look at the welds and such for the prices he is asking not much show either. I like the pros getting involved also they have real info to add and are not trying to sell their services with every other post. Thanks for responding Cole I just wish the gang would jump on board an run this guy off he really is a blight on our little community. I am biased the guy has screwed me and I don't like it since I have moved out to the country and live off a gravel road I have been having issues with other parts of his that I haven't replaced yet because they are such poor tolerances they are moving around on me so I will be replacing them very soon.
The person Gsmith660 talking about is me race911turbo = Albert Liang, I don't know why this time you didn't call my name out.... Just to keep you update.

I finish turbo kit hardwares 15 days ago, with Garrett GT-35R turbocharger.
I finish piggy back ECU for 964 30 days ago, took me20 -25 days to programm it, I took factory air flow meter out replace it with MAP sensor.
I finish big brake kit for 964,993,996/986, 951 turbo (1987 - 1988 )

Last 2 months I repaint my 1986 911 Carrera, 1989 930 and 964 still in body shop.

You bought crank pulley kit from me, I gave you a free crank position sensor, you want a free O-ring for the distributor plug, I don't have it. You get mad and curse at me and threaten to put me out of business, you want crank trigger wheel for Mega Squirt system you did not tell me first....... You start to spread out rumor about me.
1989 930 EFI, DTA, Carrera intake, twinturbo,2x GT-35R.
1991 964 convertible, wide body conversion.

Last edited by race911turbo; 09-08-2011 at 04:30 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #33 (permalink)

Garage
Old 09-08-2011, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #34 (permalink)
a.k.a. G-man

Garage
Quote:
I am coming to the conclusion that you folks are getting tired of me trying to point out that certain individuals (their are several) are predators and thiefs and preying on pelicans. I offer an apology if I offended anybody or ruined anybodies thread there are several that won't converse with me any longer that wasn't my intention I only wanted to point out that you should be wary doing business with individuals hawking their wares on these threads one in particular only has 71 posts and the majority of those are advertising his products which I am sure he does not have Waynes permission to do so which is a forum rule. So since I am bothering you folks I will stop I have made my point about most of these folks and I am going to quit this campaign to rid us of them because people just don't care if they get taken and I guess in that aspect deserve what they get when they buy one of his filters and have to replace their turbo a year later because it has been sandblasted or buy a set of his headers and ingest a piece of slag that blows a 8 or 10000 dollar motor because he doesn't back purge when welding to cut costs as just an example I guess it is their choice and life is too short too keep putting this on deaf ears. Thanks for listening to my rant but he is no different than the guys that did what they did to Reaper on his build or Linc on his build only on a smaller scale and that is by design I think because he then flys under the radar. So accept my apology if you have put me on ignore you can take me off as my rant is over because I do think I have good tech advise to offer or not if you so desire if you don't want my 2 cents or help just pm me and I will bow out of your thread and delete my posts as I did the best I could on Fletcher's thread. Thanks for listening and I hope no one gets taken by any of these guys like I and others have.
Quote:
Cole I am not going anywhere I am just not going to waste any more time trying to warn these guys about these bozos just to have someone ***** because I am pointing out this guy on their thread and most people just read this as I have a problem with this guy or any of them when all of us should have a problem with a vendor who has screwed a fellow pelican especially when it has been 10's of thousands of dollars as some of these have done. Some pelicans take the high road and won't call out these predators but I don't feel that way but since I seem to be talking to a wall about this most of the time and some individuals are mad at me and won't converse with me on this board because of this I have decided that I will not put anymore effort on it and when someone gets screwed by one of these vendors well they can't say someone wasn't willing to warn them about it.
Quote:
Thanks for the positive expressions both here and by pm but I don't think it will effect my decision to stop but I do wish there would be a thread dedicated to rating vendor/sellers and buyers as well I got hammered by 3 or 4 folks on here for being a bad buyer when I recieved a smashed empty box that showed no indications that anything was ever in it I was not the only one that came to that conclusion a detective friend of mine said the same thing and lo and behold the ashtray I had purchased showed up on another thread the seller started about 2 weeks after it was supposedly lost and advertised as for sale. But I have a dozen sellers that say I am a good buyer over and above him so it is all relative but the guys I have issues with (all of them) have consistantly screwed people and I just wanted to help.
Quote:
I put the gag order on myself when posts are made to show some decency and take it elsewhere or stop flexing my internet muscle I realize I am being rude after a point and am just going to stop if I see something someone is going to do that is shakey then I will PM them and warn them about who they are doing business with but otherwise no more posting on peoples threads Al posted on a thread this morning showing what kind of tool he is posting his solution which I am shocked it takes him an hour to remove the butterfly from a throttle body it is 4 nuts a linkage and 2 screws but the point is the post above outlined the posters fix in detail and mr clueless didn't even look at it but the important thing is he didn't address the point I made about the POS air filter he was originally hawking that will ruin your motor if you run it because of the "cool looking" 120 cell per inch screen that allows unfiltered air into your turbo and motor but if I am the only one calling this guy out then it looks like a vendetta and it looks like I am being ignored and wasting my time.
Quote:
I rest my case on it not doing any good to keep going on and on about this guy or any guy screwing people on this forum I just looked at the air cleaner thread and after everything I posted and warnings about using a filter with a fine metal screen a guy still asked al for the part number and price for his crappy air filter I am convinced that my message falls mostly on deaf ears and therefore worthless the funny thing about it this guy will spend a lot more for this neat looking albeit crappy filter than he would for a good K&N.
Quote:
I must have actually (I may be wrong) been hitting his bottom line as one of the individuals mentioned in this thread has been posting on more threads but the interesting fact is that he seems to mostly post about customer cars or he did this and you can get this for x amount USD so his posts are an attempt to drum up business and I just wish that my fellow pelicans would give him the feedback that adding technical information is acceptable in a technical forum just don't use the tech forum to sell his products. Turbokraft doesn't do that Clewett doesn't do that Elephant racing or Rebel racing hasn't done that they just offer advise or show what they are doing in a technical sort of way. If I am correct to hawk retail parts or services in any forum on this board without Wayne's permission is strickly prohibited by the forum rules.
Quote:
Dude, seriously, have you ever heard of punctuation?? Makes your posts a hell of a lot easier to read....
You may want to try it sometime.
You know, when you think what you are trying to say is important and you want to convey your thoughts to others...

Your posts are a pain to read, really.
Don't take it personal. I tried to read them but I just gave up after first one.
32C Member #41

1986 911 3.2 Carrera (not stock)
1974 911 2.7 9114102230 SOLD

Last edited by Geronimo '74; 09-08-2011 at 04:23 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #35 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by race911turbo View Post
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #36 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I'm in agreement with cole930 - Let the community weed undesirables out. Besides I'll bet you could find a pissed off customer from every single business that has ever sold anything. When one guy follows that business around hounding them at every corner it tends to loose it's meaning.

We are not little children - "buyer beware" . When I decide to purchase from a company, the last piece of info I consider is the rant.

Now i'm not saying we shouldn't make people aware of our experiences, good or bad, but there is a limit
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #37 (permalink)

Always remember, If life were fair, birds couldn't eat worms, cat couldn't eat
birds, and we would all be bound to a life of serving the self interest of others.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 09-09-2011 at 06:06 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #38 (permalink)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: