Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread
Happiest when Tinkering

Please read

I am coming to the conclusion that you folks are getting tired of me trying to point out that certain individuals (their are several) are predators and thiefs and preying on pelicans. I offer an apology if I offended anybody or ruined anybodies thread there are several that won't converse with me any longer that wasn't my intention I only wanted to point out that you should be wary doing business with individuals hawking their wares on these threads one in particular only has 71 posts and the majority of those are advertising his products which I am sure he does not have Waynes permission to do so which is a forum rule. So since I am bothering you folks I will stop I have made my point about most of these folks and I am going to quit this campaign to rid us of them because people just don't care if they get taken and I guess in that aspect deserve what they get when they buy one of his filters and have to replace their turbo a year later because it has been sandblasted or buy a set of his headers and ingest a piece of slag that blows a 8 or 10000 dollar motor because he doesn't back purge when welding to cut costs as just an example I guess it is their choice and life is too short too keep putting this on deaf ears. Thanks for listening to my rant but he is no different than the guys that did what they did to Reaper on his build or Linc on his build only on a smaller scale and that is by design I think because he then flys under the radar. So accept my apology if you have put me on ignore you can take me off as my rant is over because I do think I have good tech advise to offer or not if you so desire if you don't want my 2 cents or help just pm me and I will bow out of your thread and delete my posts as I did the best I could on Fletcher's thread. Thanks for listening and I hope no one gets taken by any of these guys like I and others have.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #1 (permalink)

Garage
I appreciate that you let us know of which company to watch out for due to poor quality products and service. We need more folks like you around here. Don't let others give you trouble. They have not been victims yet.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked94 View Post
i appreciate that you let us know of which company to watch out for due to poor quality products and service. We need more folks like you around here. Don't let others give you trouble. They have not been victims yet.
+1
FS 1987 930 DTAFast EFI w/Electronic Dash, 17x9x11" Lindsey Racing Fuchs, Andial 8.39 R&P, C2 Intake, SuperCup Cams, Flame Ringed Heads & Cylinders, TurboKraft Full Bay Intercooler, RearlyL8 Twin Scroll Headers, Big Bullseye Twin Scroll Turbo...SOLD
1999 Harley Davidson Custom 1250 Hardtail Bobber..SOLD
2014 BMW X6M, 2012 BMW 128i, 2014 GMC Sierra, 2015 Cobia 237 Center Console 300hp Yamaha
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #3 (permalink)

What he said ^^^^^^^..ALL EARS.

Walt
Old 07-26-2011, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #4 (permalink)

Agreed it's nice to have a heads up on companies especially if they have shady deelings. After a person has been warned it is their choice to or not to deal with that person from that point forward. As long as you are giving facts I see no problem with what you are doing. So I dont understand why others would be upset.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #5 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
you're good w/ me Gerry - I def appreciate the whistle blowing when the shoe fits

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #6 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Shouldn't there be a separate sticky here for each offending shop so people can comment or rate the seller? That way we will hear both good and bad.

We don't need a lynch mob, just facts
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #7 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Who are we talking about?

I would always like to know when a company is acting devious!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #8 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
+1
Old 07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #9 (permalink)

G Man:

Don't you be going anywhere, I'm way to Old to have to kick you ass back here.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #10 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Cole I am not going anywhere I am just not going to waste any more time trying to warn these guys about these bozos just to have someone ***** because I am pointing out this guy on their thread and most people just read this as I have a problem with this guy or any of them when all of us should have a problem with a vendor who has screwed a fellow pelican especially when it has been 10's of thousands of dollars as some of these have done. Some pelicans take the high road and won't call out these predators but I don't feel that way but since I seem to be talking to a wall about this most of the time and some individuals are mad at me and won't converse with me on this board because of this I have decided that I will not put anymore effort on it and when someone gets screwed by one of these vendors well they can't say someone wasn't willing to warn them about it.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #11 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Wayne and the mods are probably saying thank god he finally going to shut up!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #12 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
Wayne and the mods are probably saying thank god he finally going to shut up!
Gerry, that's the beauty of the turbo section. We are on our own!!! We have one monitor and Alan lives on an island with his own time zone (love ya man!) oh and Wayne can barely spell turbo!
So we actually need a few more whistle blowers over here.. And I don't buy anything from someone with only 70 posts.. Keep pointing them out!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
g man:

Don't you be going anywhere, i'm way to old to have to kick you ass back here.

Cole
+1 lol
Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #14 (permalink)

Official Postive Feedback Thread

How about a negative feedback thread below this one?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #15 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imr-merlin View Post
Official Postive Feedback Thread

how about a negative feedback thread below this one?
bingo
Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #16 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Thanks for the positive expressions both here and by pm but I don't think it will effect my decision to stop but I do wish there would be a thread dedicated to rating vendor/sellers and buyers as well I got hammered by 3 or 4 folks on here for being a bad buyer when I recieved a smashed empty box that showed no indications that anything was ever in it I was not the only one that came to that conclusion a detective friend of mine said the same thing and lo and behold the ashtray I had purchased showed up on another thread the seller started about 2 weeks after it was supposedly lost and advertised as for sale. But I have a dozen sellers that say I am a good buyer over and above him so it is all relative but the guys I have issues with (all of them) have consistantly screwed people and I just wanted to help.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #17 (permalink)

Garage
I didn't notice any bashing. Call me prejudice but if I don't see a few hundred or thousand posts from a poster I take their posts with a big grain of salt.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #18 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I didn't notice any bashing. Call me prejudice but if I don't see a few hundred or thousand posts from a poster I take their posts with a big grain of salt.
On which thread? Its not bashing its telling me to go elsewhere which means they could care less whether the word gets out about a bad vendor and it also means that they deserve what they get when they buy a few thousand dollars worth of crappy parts from a crappy vendor.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #19 (permalink)

yeah i posted some negative feed back a couple years ago on some seats i was screwed with. The person was pretty popular on the regular 911 board I got totally lambasted over it. Two years later the seats i didnt want and was stuck with are worn and look like crap.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #20 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: