Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Glenn,

We should pick a meeting place inside the OBI parking lot where we should all meet if some of us show up later...
Old 07-30-2011, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Glen I am going to try to meet you guys on the Meadowbrook if I can get my son up early if not I should be at OBI by 7. Maybe those who arrive early can set up their chairs in a couple of extra parking spots for those who arrive a little later. But once it starts to get really crowded that will be difficult to do
Old 07-30-2011, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I agree ... It gets crowded fast ...
Old 07-30-2011, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Hi Guys,
Click on my screen name and send me a message and I send you my email, OK?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

We are meeting on the Parkway turn around area at 6:00am and leaving at 6:30am to OBI.
We should arrive at OBI at 7:00.
The Meadowbrook turn around area is located about 2 miles south of the Sunrise Highway Rt 25 & Merrick Rd Exits
Stay in LEFT hand lane because the turn around area is not marked with a sign. See ya soon.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Today at Jones Beach

Had a great time getting together at Jones Beach today with fellow Pelicans. Thanks to Glenn for putting it together. There were 3 of us with 930's and simply by coincidence all were 87's. There were several other Pelicans there also. Maybe we can do something with more participation somewhere else in NY before the end of the summer. Nice to meet everyone there today. My son took a couple of pics with his phone next time I will bring a camera.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Hi Mike & Trevor,
Thanks for shooting the photos.
After I left OBI, just a few miles west of OBI my 930 just dies on the causeway. It seems like no gas.
I call my mechanic just to go on record because the same thing happened to me two days ago after I picked up my car from the shop.
I check the fuses in the trunk and a blue fuse is fried.
I take the last blue one at the rear of the box and replace the burnt one and she fires right up. I try to put up the windows and I have no power to the windows.
At least I know which fuse I borrowed.
Thanks to everyone for showing up today.
Including Sheldon, Mike, Walt, Gloria and Fred with his Boss 302.
A couple guys want to meet up again next Sunday including poor Al. He got up early and started his car to meet us and the car dies at the end of his driveway and couldn't make it.
Next time I'll bring a BBQ and a canopy and we will have more of a party. Maybe Trevor could be the DJ if he doesn't play that rap crap that the kids listen to these days.
Maybe more guys will show up.
Glenn

Last edited by NY930; 07-31-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make it but the car was having problems, started but would not idle. I could have solved the problem quicker but when I first to a look at my fuel pump fuse it looked fine so I didn't bother taking it out to check it. My senses were telling me it was a gas problem so I had a spare fuel filter and figured maybe change that. Changed it tried to start it and now no gas smell at all. Cranking,cranking and no gas smell. Pour a little gas into the intake, crank it and it starts and dies. Go back to the fuel pump fuse in front, pull it out and it crumbles apart. Change it with one I had purchased a while ago crank it up a little and she fires right up and idles fine and is running fine now. See you next week.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Hi guys, great meeting u with my gf. Glenn sorry about your car. After listening to your car stories, it never ends. Next time maybe meet up at beach hut a sat. Early evening. Too much drama with 5.0 and Parking.
Walt
Old 07-31-2011, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Wish I could have made it today, had to work.Maybe next time.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Could not make it... my son had a colapsed lung and had to rush him to hospital Fri...
I hope you guys are going to do it again soon . Maybe next week. I have some friends up there and wanted to go.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Guys there is a really good cruise night in Oyster Bay every Tuesday night maybe we can have a good showing there tomorrow. It is close to the LIE or Northern Blvd. Maybe we can set up a meeting point and arrive as a group we will then be able to park the cars in a row. There is a $5 admission fee, plenty of great cars and friendly car people also some nice restuarants to grab a bite. The show runs from 5 P.M. - 10 P.M. Glenn not very far from you or Sheldon just take the LIE to 106 North. Anyone interested?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Why am I working for all these thing`s I have wanted to go out there I heard it`s a great time. Jbrown I hope your son is feeling better. Hopefully we can hook up and make one of these things...
Old 08-01-2011, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

To JBrown:
I hope your son is feeling better and we hope to see you both soon.

To Mike80911:
I'll try to fix my headlight ASAP so I don't have to run home before sunset, so I can check you out thisTuesday night.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Thanks guys. He was released today and all is good.. He wants to meet with us with his 944 turbo.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Hi JBrown,
Wow, two generations of Turbo Porsches in the same family. That's pretty cool.
Can you guys make it next Sunday 8-7-11 ?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

The following sunday would be better. My wife already made plans for me this weekend.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Hi JBrown,
Are you sure you can't zoom down early and get back before she knows your gone.
How far away are you?
Well, if you can't make this Sunday 8-7-11 we will do it again also on the following Sunday as well on 8-14-11.
We will cath up to you sonner or later.
Walt wants to hook up at the Beach Hut adjacent to OBI on a Saturday late afternoon or Saturday early evening.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Beach Hut late SAT. afternoon 5pm to start...No cover-Parking-I think ater 5-30--
FOOD-SHELTER-BATHROOMS-2ND FL. DECK-BEACH-2BARS-BAND--PLAYING OLD SCHOOL ROCKNROLL.....No Brainer---..& no messing with 5.0..

Hopefully it won't rain.

Walt

Last edited by wjfk32; 08-02-2011 at 08:15 AM..
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Hi Walt,
We don't want the Mustang 5.0 boys thinking we are diss-ing them.
Just to clarify to those who are not savvy to urban slang,
'5-0' means Da' Po-Lease derived from Hawaii 5-0.

Last edited by NY930; 08-03-2011 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: Personal info removed
Old 08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: