Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Long Island &NYC 930's wanna' meet at Jones Beach or Oak Beach Inn THIS SUN 8-7

Long Island & NYC 930's wanna' meet AGAIN at Jones Beach or Oak Beach Inn THIS SUNDAY Aug 7
Hi Guys,
Anybody want to hang out and talk Porsche this Sunday August 7 ?
We can do a nice run along the Robert Moses Causeway from Jones Beach to the Old Oak Beach Inn parking lot.
Post your thoughts or email me direct.
Glenn
1987 Red 930.

Last edited by NY930; 08-02-2011 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: Date revision
Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I would like to go I am in Queens where are you located? Maybe we can meet up along the way I have been there many times with my motorcycle took the 930 there 2 weeks ago there were about 3 other Porsches but all newer models. Post or e mail me if we can meet some where. Maybe more will join in
Mike
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm out east but will come to Jones beach since it is probably better located for more people. We better meet early though, I have heard there is heavy traffic there.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

me and my son might cruise down. will no later in the week
Old 07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey Guys,
Is 8:00am to early or to late?
It's up to you guys.
I'm only 15 minutes away from Jones Beach and 30 minutes away from Oak Beach Inn.
Glenn
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I have been there as early as 8 and as late as 10 somedays are more crowded than others. If parking becomes a problem the police will shut it down or hand out tickets. There is no difinitive time to arrive you just have to get there and hope to find a spot. I am good for 8 do you want to meet along the way?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Since they have been charging $8.00 just to go in the parking.

People have been going to the OBI- Parking lot--And guess what???

State Police --everywhere pulling over anyone with a nice car..Doesn't matter...Happened to me..No front license plate......Luckily I showed my superhero I.D.

Too stressful- with the G/F so early in the morning..

The residents in the area don't want hear all that racket in the morning.

Walt
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Hi Walt,
I went many times, earlier this year with no hassle from the police. They do show up and monitor that cars are not parked out on the highway when the OBI lot is full and there was never, ever a charge for parking. It is a great spot on the water and I have not been at OBI yet during this summer season so maybe now there is a little more enforcement.
Since I am near Freeport just off the Meadowbrook parkway, I have been blasting down to Jones Beach every night to see the live free concert at the boardwalk bandshell.
So far, I have not attracted any over zealous officers interested in my bright RED and Loud 930.
Wow, now I just jinked myself and all you guys will be laughing your asses off as you drive by seeing me pulled over with the lights flashing behind me. I just hate when that happens.
Hey Guys, Any more thoughts ?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
During the winter months the cars go to Captree once the warmer weather starts Captree charges for parking so everyone moves to Oak Beach where it is free to park. The last time the cops were there they first warned everyone to move the cars off the grass or they will issue tickets so everyone complied and no tickets were issued. I have been there with my car and my motorcycle which are both on the loud side and have never been stopped for any reason. Hopefully nothing has changed
Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Oak Beach/Beach Hut!!!!!

Is the best place by far-Saturday early evening.(muscle cars mostly)..Bar-Food-2nd Floor Deck-A Band-relaxed people..

I've shown up many saturday evenings..with my car. Never see any Porsches Maybe we can change that...

I get challanged a few times when leaving (following me).....Happy to say -things worked in my favor.

Walt

Last edited by wjfk32; 07-27-2011 at 08:09 AM..
Old 07-27-2011, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Hi Mike,
I can wait for you and others coming that way in a perfect parking area on the Meadow Brook Parkway just south of the Merrick Road and Sunrise Highway exits.
It is a great large legal area to meet just north of the entrance to Jones Beach.
This is ideal for those wishing to use the Meadow Brook Parkway to enter Jones Beach.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hey,
If it too stressful so early for the Girl Friend, come early and by the you get back, the G/F will be just waking up.
I know girl friends are fun in the beginning but after you get married, you'll be sneaking out to hang out with Da' Boys.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I`m working as of now going to try and get off I`ll let you guy`s know.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Hi Guys,
964 Speed recommends that we get on the road early so we end up at OBI by 7:00.
For those who are coming via the Meadow Brook Parkway, we can meet first at the turn around rest area that is located about 2 miles south of the Merrick Rd. Exit on the Meadow Brook Parkway. Those who are located more East can meet us at OBI. Bring chairs to hang out and there is usually a coffee truck at the OBI lot.
Spread the word and let us know if you can make it.
Glenn
Old 07-27-2011, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I will meet you guys there.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Hey Guys,
So far we have the following guys going:
Al
Walt
Mike
Sheldon
Tug68 (maybe)
Let me know who wants to meet on the Meadow Brook or at OBI.
Post here or email me direct, OK?
Spread the word.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

It's getting close to Sunday.
Any more interested in hanging out?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

We are still on for Sunday.
The weather forecast look good. Click on my screen name to confirm or post a reply.
We are meeting at the Meadowbrook rest area at 6:30am or before of we want to hang out first. We should arrive at Oak Beach at 7:00 before it fills up.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I can't wait to meet you guys. I want to see how other 930's are set up, maybe pick up some tips.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Hi Al,
That's what this is all about.
In addition to this valuable communication through a forum, we can now communicate in person and see and hear each other's cars up close rather than reading about it.
Let's get dem' cars out of the garage and onto the road.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: