Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
87 930 issues

Hello All, a few of issues I need input on:

1. Idle when fully warmed up is 1050; how to adjust and to what RPM?

2. Hard to fuel the car, the gas pump wants to constantly shut off. Is something wrong with my vent or whatever?

3. Boost exceeds 1 bar on the gauge; great fun, but I'm worried I'm doing harm, how to return to stock or .9 bar? Car is 1000 miles new to me so, don't know of PO mods.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Originally Posted by CVJR
1. Idle when fully warmed up is 1050; how to adjust and to what RPM?
Idle adjust screw, a real female dog to get to but can be done with a long screwdriver. It's at the base of the throttle body, left hand side, you have to contort your screwdriver and arm along behind the left side of the intercooler to reach it. Shine a bright flashlight back there, to see the thing first (it's a spring loaded screw). Close it clockwise to lower the idle, etc. Do a search....somebody has posted pictures.
2. Hard to fuel the car, the gas pump wants to constantly shut off. Is something wrong with my vent or whatever?
Normal. I usually try not to stuff the nozzle all the way down into the tank, and run the pump on half-full throttle.
3. Boost exceeds 1 bar on the gauge; great fun, but I'm worried I'm doing harm, how to return to stock or .9 bar? Car is 1000 miles new to me so, don't know of PO mods.
Of course the gauge may not be accurate...but then again the PO may have put a 1.0 bar spring in there. You can hook up an externall pressure gauge either T'ed off the same line that goes to the WG, or T'ed off the vacuum line that goes to the brake booster behind the dash.
Stock WG, or aftermarket like Tial? If Tial, the springs are color coded
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
930 issues

Thanks Mark appreciate your comments.

On the fueling question, even if hold the slightest pressure on the nozzle it clicks off. I have tried this at 4 different gas stations same result. It takes quite a while to fill even a half empty tank!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Try turning the pump handle upside down and hold the hose with your other hand. Looks weird but whatever.
Thats how I fill mine and it doesn't shut off at full blast.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Jim it must have looked pretty strange watching you fiddle with the pump handle until you found that orientation! Too funny!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Try turning the pump handle upside down and hold the hose with your other hand. Looks weird but whatever.
Thats how I fill mine and it doesn't shut off at full blast.
That's how i roll...
Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
OK, I tried the upside down and backwards fuel pump trick and IT WORKS!

Honestly, I thought you were kidding. Other mommy van fuelers at the Sunoco looked at me plenty weird though.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: