Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sun 8-7 NEW YORK Pelicans at da' Beach PORSCHE Meet-Jones Beach OBI-Let's Do It Again

Sun 8-7 NEW YORK Pelicans at da' Beach PORSCHE Meet-Jones Beach OBI-Let's Do It Again.

Long Island & NYC Porsche Meet-Sun August 8- Jones Beach - Oak Beach Inn -
Spread the Word-
Hi Fellow Pelicans.
We had a great time last Sunday.
Any more want to hang out AGAIN and talk Porsche this Sunday August 8?
We can do a nice run along the Robert Moses Causeway from Jones Beach to the Old Oak Beach Inn parking lot.
For those coming from the West, we meet at around 6:15am at the Meadowbrook Parkway turn around rest area about 1 mile South of Rt 25-aka Sunrise Highway.
Then we leave at 6:30 and run together and meet at Oak Beach Inn at about 7:00am.
Those coming from the East can meet us at the Old Oak Beach Inn parking lot.
Remember it starts filling up fast by 7:30am with hundreds of classic cars.
Post your thoughts or email me direct.
We hope to see ya on Sunday.
Glenn
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This time I will be there NY930. Unless it's raining.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Al,
How's your car doing?
What was the exact fuel issue that kept you from hanging out with Da' Porsche Boys?
I'm trying to fix my problem - no power to my fuel pumps.
No fuel - No go.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey NY. It ended up being a fuel pump issue (the fuse). When the car would barely idle and died the first thing I did was "look"at the fuse and thought it "looked" fine. But I knew I wasn't getting any fuel cause I didn't smell fuel when I was cranking the engine. Changed the fuel filter and still no start. Pulled the fuel pump fuse out and it fell apart. Changed the fuse, turned they key on and heard the fuel pumps pressure up. Did it a few times , turned it over and it started right up. All seems well now.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Mine did the same thing on Sunday just when I left OBI.
It just cut out on me while doing 60mph on the causeway. I put a new fuse in and it started right up.
But the next day it would start in the garage. Strange?
I wonder if it's one of those red relays? I wonder if I cam switch them around if they are the same so I can isolate the problem.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have an extra red relay and yellow relay for the back. I think you should get them also NY930. At the very least to test things out. Yes you can switch them around.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Glenn sorry I won't be able to make it going away for the next week Sunday to Sunday maybe when I get back we can make another one.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I too am good for next week. I have somewhere to go this weekend. If you guys want to meet up next Sunday, me and my son are in..
Old 08-04-2011, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I think next Sunday would be good for me also.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I just fix my fuel pump fuse top connector, so I'll be there. A lot of new people have shown interest in the other Porsche categories.
Al, Walt and Fred said they will be there. I give Speed964 a shout. Bring chairs and well try to park and set up by the grass on the waterside. I'll being a cooler and portable BBQ for hot dogs. Any more ideas?
Maybe if enough start showing up, we'll design some T Shirts.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Ok... I think I am going to change plans and go to L.I Saturday and stay at a friends and meet up with you guys Sunday.. Sounds like to much fun to miss.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hi JB,
That's the spirit.
"Come on down" as Bob Barker used to say.
If you haven't been to OBI yet, there are over 200 wild cars of all types every Sunday so it's not just a handful of guys hanging out and it's right on the water and you drive though Jones Beach State Park.
Did you see the photos Mike had posted? I always use my iPhone so I can't figure out if is this site is iPhone friendly.
I just don't use my computer any more.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Weather permitting I will be at Cedar Beach/Beach Hut Saturday evening 5-30-6-00pm....They always have a car show in the parking lot...(OLD SCHOOL MUSCHLE CAR AND NEWER ONES)

Plus- there is food-Bar-Beach-Old school rock band- bathrooms--etc..etc...

Glenn r you going to be around???

Walt
Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
3 more weeks of Sunday AM softball (playoffs) and then I may join you guys for one of these. I'm in Northern Westchester. No heat or AC, so September is probably perfect anyway.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Hi Walt,
Patty and I want to meet you at the Beach Hut Saturday but we are going to the FREE B-52's concert at the Harry Chapin Lakeside Theater at Eisenhower Park. It's open air on a sloping lawn and the parking is easy and free and you can being a cooler and make believe you're in the "Love Shack".
It's just Patty and I so bring Gloria. The park is only 15 minutes from Oceanside and 40 minutes from Cedar Beach.
But on SUNDAY, I'll be going to OBI for sure.
I'll be at the Meadowbrook Parkway turn around rest area at 6:30am and then we should be rolling in to OBI around 7:00am.
If anybody needs my cell #, just click on my screen name and PM or email me.
Spread the word.
Glenn
Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Weathers not looking good here in Orange county ny..
Old 08-06-2011, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: