Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

U guys seen this one on eBay?

Porsche : 911 | eBay
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Not exactly what I would have done with a Porsche, but one learns a bit of tollerance for other ideas as one gets older. I think I would have LOVED to do something like that in a replica Cobra however!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
viva la difference...

but damned fugly nonetheless.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That should be punishable by death !!!!
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I don't know that I would brand this butt-fugly, so I'll be kind and call it "unique". But it's totally lost the marque; it is verboten to modernize such a classic.

Bet it would be a kick in the posterior region to drive, though, with all the V8 torque.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I don't even know what to think. I can't say it's fugly either, in fact somebody put some effort into a dream and I gotta say it should be absolutely scarry fast
Old 08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well now...if they had only made it a mid engine while they were at it...hummmm.

Somebody cetainly did put a lot of time & effort into this project, you can't say it is a hack job, as it appears reasonable thought went into the design & execution.

Different strokes for different folks!

Mark
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

It made my eyes burn... Next time put up a warning. I assumed it was something great like that yellow turbo 3.6 clone and instead I fumbled the mouse off of my desk trying to close out the browser window as fast as I could.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
It made my eyes burn... Next time put up a warning. I assumed it was something great like that yellow turbo 3.6 clone and instead I fumbled the mouse off of my desk trying to close out the browser window as fast as I could.
You crack me up!!! Thanks, I needed that.....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to agrimmitt
Question Every mother loves her baby!

It was someone's dream and will become one else's nightmare over time. It's a money pit that will never end. But whoever purchases I hope is happy, so be it. Not to my taste in style or safety, but I'm not the one laying $16,000 out for it.
Cheers
art
Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

i just threw up a little bit
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
+1 hahahahaha
Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Love the responses. Not for me either, and I am no purist myself.
Oh and that yellow 3.6 T is bad a**.

OK next time I will give you all a warning.
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

ive got a couple of v8 cars, but neither look like that. looks like some nice work but way off the page for me. i imagine that the car is very heavy to the rear with all the plumbing and two turboes and what appears to be a steel block. way too much stuff in the front. so they dont need to look so different. here is 700 plus chp in an almost stock appearing 930..mast motorsports modified ls7 naturally aspirated, drive by wire, and 93 octane fuel.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: