Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

torque specs

Hello everyone looking for torque specs on intake manifold bolts. Also on this intake assembly the order of parts is seal, phenolic resin block , aluminum injector block , seal, then manifold. Plan to use loctite 574 other suggestions appreciated. thank you
Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

no experts
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

18ft/lbs
Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Don't use 574... thats for sealing metal to metal like engine case halves together not gaskets. people overuse that stuff so overzelously and I hate cleaning it off.
Use non hardening gasoline resistant hylomar or curil-t or do as the factory did and put them in dry or with a little grease so they don't stick and peel apart needing to be scraped off next time the manifold comes off.

8mm x 1.25mm thread pitch bolt or stud torque is usually around 18ft. lb.
I'd have to go look those studs up in the factory manual and don't feel like it right now.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

OK John... what are you doing now? We missed you at the Parade weekend...

Did you finally rebuilt the whole thing, or this is something else...?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks e man 930 and j fairman. Hello Miguel motor is coming back together nicely Jacob has been very helpful along with Chri Carroll . I would like to get the motor back in the car in a couple of weeks so i am ready for upcoming events. I am thinking of a new turbo(G35) and then making sure car is tuned correctly for reliability and most of all funnnnnnnnnnn!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: