Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

new issues.....of the fuel kind

Hi All,
as some of you my know I've been having issues with my 82 Turbo after shipping it to Germany. First it was ignition, after getting the distributor rebuild, plugs, wires and going thru a used Bosch CDI (among several other things); I finally installed an MSD. I now have spark; but, no run. So out come the CIS gauges, I had tested the system before and all was good. Today I get the following readings:
Cold 1.6 BAR control pressure and 2.6 BAR system pressure. Before I was around 6 BAR before (this is my 3rd CIS car so I enough knowledge and books to be dangerous)
I then tested the pumps separately (removed the relay), although I don't know how effective that was.
Front pump; 1.6 BAR control pressure and 2.6 BAR system pressure
Rear pump; 1.8 BAR control pressure and 2.4 BAR system pressure
The rear pump was noisy and one time the gauge was fluctuating on it's readings.
So would that cause the car to not even run? Does it sound like it's the rear pump (like I'm thinking)?
So everyone knows the accumulator was replaced just before I bought the car.
Thanks for all your help, Frank
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I tested the delivery and filled a .5 liter bottle in about 8 seconds........
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: