Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1991 965 turbo broken shifter bushings

Hello Folks,

While driving my C2 Turbo experienced problem shifting into 5th and little time later into reverse.

Found out i need the #4 bushings that goes around the #27 sleeve in this PET diagram.

Porsche wants $27 each not to mention the time it would take to locate and ship one.

Is there any other part number from any other model that would inter-change with the one in my 1991 965 Turbo ?

Thanks as always
Old 08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Yasir, are you saying that an OPC over there can't locate this item, even sourced from Germany?

(I presume you know the p/n for that item? If not its 964 424 115 00, so it should be a common-or-garden part for all 964's, not specific to Turbos.)

If you want, I can put you in touch with the local OPC I use over here in the UK...they don't seem to have any problem getting stuff, even if it does have to be shipped from Europe mainland...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hello Spenny,
They don't have it in stock so they have to special order it and could take any where from 7-10 days meaning the car is out of commission for that time period
Any way Suncoast Porsche came to rescue and hopefully i should have it in few days.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2011, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Ok cool, glad you're sorted; be interested to know how much better the shift feels once it's installed.

Cheers
S
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Retrospectively, i think the shifts were pretty sloppy so i am sure the bushings would make it more crispier Will let you know in a day or two

Old 08-18-2011, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: