Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Big red start button

Anyone installed a start button instead of key turn start?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Turbofrog

I have, to help the ignition unit. I once got in a situation where the car stalled and the key did not work at start position.

It might look rice to someone but after that incident I installed one in the radio plate and one in the trunk with a relay for troubleshooting aid.
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 08-19-2011, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Yup, not a red one but a military style in my roof console...

what's ur question?

Old 08-20-2011, 02:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I was just wondering really. My key is shot, and so push button is the way to go - I'm just not sure about drilling a hole in my dash in what is virtually a stock interior, and if it would devalue it at all.

I guess at the end of the day it's my car, I don't plan on selling so I think I'll just do it..

I'm not sure if the aircraft / military style is for me though :0) but thanks for sharin.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

If you're not running AC or a radio just make a block off plate - and incorporate it. Don't be a puss and just do what you want. Wiring it up is a simple thing and if you don't like it you can always reverse it. Don't need to drill any holes.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Don't be a puss and just do what you want.
Bwahahahahah, way to tell it like it is... Seriously though, install in lieu of your rear wiper switch, dont know how many rear wipers actually work, no drilling, and somewhat concealed....

Gabe, noticed you're location says your in the OC now? Where about? Welcome, and can hardly wait to see your bad boy on the streets of the orange curtain!
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Blackbird Pilot

The 935 K3 is going on a cross country pilgrimage and will be staying in Canyon Lake and Huntington Beach. I'm getting married to a girl in HB and will be moving there when i get there. We have to link up for some brews, i'll spill all the cool stories the car will be there mid September, then we're all driving up to RRIV
Old 08-21-2011, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
The 935 K3 is going on a cross country pilgrimage and will be staying in Canyon Lake and Huntington Beach. I'm getting married to a girl in HB and will be moving there when i get there. We have to link up for some brews, i'll spill all the cool stories the car will be there mid September, then we're all driving up to RRIV
Right on, I'm working on my car now to drive her up to RR in October, depending on when everyone's leaving, might be a good caravan... Can you say turbopalooza west?
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I don't see any inherent advantage to going this route(unless your present ignition switch and wiring is fryed)

Find a way to shave a few pounds off your car will be a better ROI for your time and $$$$

Old 08-21-2011, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: