Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turbo muffler on a non-turbo??

Posted this in the tech section but thought there may be some more experienced viewers here.
I'm in the process of putting on a fiberglass bumper and want to change the exhaust exit. I have a turbo muffler and I have a "plan"..this might get dangerous.
I want to remove the cat delete(hollowed out cat) and modifying the flanges on a turbo muffler to allow it to go in the place of the cat. I would then make new pipes for the tail pipes...thinking about exiting on either side of the license plate.

I have my stock muffler modified now with a second exit and I run a plug in the second pipe on the street to keep it quiet. I can do the same with the turbo muffler.

So, has anyone used a turbo muffler on a non-turbo? How loud is it?

Last edited by ben parrish; 08-20-2011 at 05:13 PM..
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to kinein
exhaust

here is my turbo exhaust on a non turbo 3.2 and it sounds awesome i put a hollowed out cat and it sounds WOW i will try to get a audio clip i just turned my car on after 2.5yrs last weekend........

Old 08-20-2011, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I had a single out early turbo muffler on my 85 RoW. It had a very nice deep sound to it.
14 535i M Sport
Old 08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I tried the muffler this morning...might be too loud for me. Does anyone know if I can block one of the outlets?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

sure can.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: