Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hey, hey, hey... easy on the 3.3T conversion guys. "Frankenporsche"... now that's just not nice. LOL.
By the way... for the guys that turn their own wrenches and don't just sign checks to someone else, the 3.3T does not "just bolt up" to a narrowbody. Ask me how I know... or look at my current thread
Engine Rebuild & Restorations

Last edited by DSPTurtle; 08-28-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Are you sure you own a Porsche, mate?

You remind me of the people trying to slice off the front end of my car in traffic in a fit of rage believing I am "lucky" to own a Porsche...I sure was "lucky" to put myself thru 7 years of university to get an real engineering degree. I don't know what you do for a living, but my 'wealth' was created from scratch...inside my head.

If it were not for "hypocrites" like me whom can make engineering judgement, people like you would never have come out of a cave(and would still be wiping their arse with leaves).

G'day...
When did wealth come into this?! 'G'day, Mate', racial slurs? wow, I chose the wrong KKK forum again, dammit, so hard when they're both abbreviated the same way.

It's a shame your 7 years of engineering studies didn't include debating, ethics and common decency.

Quote:
Hey, hey, hey... easy on the 3.3T conversion guys. "Frakenporsche"... now that's just not nice. LOL.
LOL!
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Are you sure you own a Porsche, mate?

You remind me of the people trying to slice off the front end of my car in traffic in a fit of rage believing I am "lucky" to own a Porsche...I sure was "lucky" to put myself thru 7 years of university to get an real engineering degree. I don't know what you do for a living, but my 'wealth' was created from scratch...inside my head.

If it were not for "hypocrites" like me whom can make engineering judgement, people like you would never have come out of a cave(and would still be wiping their arse with leaves).

G'day...
Why so patronizing? We are all here to learn about these cars, and of course how to extract better performance out of these 20+ year old classics. Sometimes we need to think outside the box to meet our performance goals.

If people were afraid to try something new and innovative, we'd be stuck in the dark ages

Let's show some respect for our fellow enthusiasts here shall we?

P.S. RUF based their CTR Yellowbird Twin Turbo on the 3.2 Carrera EFI motor! If you want to flame us 3.2 turbo converts, then you might as well flame Alois Ruf too then.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
The path of the warrior.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911TT33 View Post
Why so patronizing? We are all here to learn about these cars, and of course how to extract better performance out of these 20+ year old classics. Sometimes we need to think outside the box to meet our performance goals.

If people were afraid to try something new and innovative, we'd be stuck in the dark ages

Let's show some respect for our fellow enthusiasts here shall we?

P.S. RUF based their CTR Yellowbird Twin Turbo on the 3.2 Carrera EFI motor! If you want to flame us 3.2 turbo converts, then you might as well flame Alois Ruf too then.

Agreed....Its not like were taking a brand new 997 500 plus hp turbo and ripping it apart to get more. (not that it couldn't be done) but correct me if I'm wrong, the last 3.3 turbo was produced in the 965 model back in 1995, so Tililkum thinks that we haven't made any technological advancements in the last 16 years that can improve on this now (in many respects) antiquated design? According to that logic we shouldn't even attempt to install a set of headers or update the turbo because Porsche didn't design it that way. That line of reasoning doesn't exactly comport with the logic held by most people wanting to advance in anything....In many cases the parts and systems used by an auto manufacturer are the direct result of profit/availability. Of course this is less with a high end sports car like a Porsche, but they are guilty of it too. It's a very myopic view to think that just because Porsche designed something a certain way than that is the only way. I've actually never heard an engineer speak like this. Additionally, 7 years of university failed to teach him common etiquette and courtesy...even to a small group of people that share his same interests..

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 08-28-2011, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Exactly! Based on his superior "engineering knowledge and logic", let's all remove our inferior aftermarket bits, and re-install the OEM heat exchangers, muffler, 3DLZ turbo, and factory intercoolers

Sure, we'll gain a significant amount of weight, lag, and intake temps, but that's ok because Porsche designed it that way and GOD forbid we ever try to improve on Porsche's 20+ year old engineering & technology

Each to their own. Don't flame what you don't understand or haven't even tried!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: