Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Automotive Ink

Been a long time since i've posted... But I couldn't think of any group that might appreciate this more..

So who on here has automotive related tats? Love to see pics btw..

Here's something i've been wanting to do for years.. just did a sketch, gonna check out a couple of artists and get it done in the next week or 2...

What do y'all think ?
The writing on the turbo is latin for "Dark Powers Light"

Turbo Ink Sketch by tarheelturbo, on Flickr

Last edited by tarheelturbo; 08-22-2011 at 12:05 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Can't see the pic, but I got this one for DZ then I have the FG eagle on my back.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks gabe.. didn't realize the pic wasn't working.. let's try this..

[IMG]Turbo Ink Sketch[/IMG]

Last edited by tarheelturbo; 08-22-2011 at 11:51 AM..
Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Guys.. let me know if either pic works.. because on my computer it looks like both tries worked..
Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

OK Brad, where is it going to be located?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

On my side.. :-D you like?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Nice drawing
I have a few comments: I would align the " dark side" character with the lines in the flow.
I would also align the light side character with the flow. I would also "bend the wings like when an eagle dives for it's prey. It shows some aggression and would resemble a kick kind of like when boost comes on. - Powered by the dark side

Just my two cents.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Love the feedback! Im not much of an artist.. My hopes were to have the artist make the devil emerging as almost a part of the flames.. And the angel I agree needs to align and flow as well.. That's just beyond my drawing ability.. I love the idea with the wings! I want her to have an erotic but pure look as well..
The whole concept is the good balancing evil, behind every force of good, or success is a force of negativty or evil that drives it. The power that is created when we are faced with trial by fire.
And hell.. A turbo shooting flames is just cool on it's own! Lol.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Dude the pic is f*ckin' awesome! Must have been something from the server, both are working today.

The pic is awesome, just make sure to get it big so the detail doesn't fade away over time. Go big or go home

I say do it and post pics...tattoos are therapy and nothing can replace the story your body tells. If anyone can relate I can - do it and get it done ASAP. Just make sure the artist can draw it out for what you want...some of those guys really get it done and they work quick too!

Depending on size that looks like about an 8 hour piece depending on detail, get ready to kick out $700+ but you do get what you pay for.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Whats up Brad, lol... Hows everything?? Get the tattoo... it'll be badass...
Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I am , I am!! Got a lot of personal stuff going on.. It's happening as soon as possible!!
The question is will it be beret suited on my side, or on my back and let it wrap around onto my shoulder?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

On your ribs will weather life much better than elsewhere, not fade as much and the skin is much better for tattooing. But like my rib tattoo it hurts way more.

The back is nice but you'll never get to see it. And that's half the fun of it.

I'd do it on your chest or ribs.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

On the ribs...

Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: