Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Auto Transport Co ???

Brother in-law needs to have a car moved from Niagara Falls NY to Washington DC. Can anyone recommend a good company?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I was on rennlist and the 911 forum is sponsored by a transport company, don't know there name or anything about them?
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 08-22-2011, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Is it a nice car? Or something disposable?

FWIW, the auto shipping industry is pretty much totally unregulated.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

It's a MG, cannot remember if it's a midget or a B.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

DEMAND a CERT of insurance,,and dont feel bad about calling his underwriter.
The trailer needs to have air bags under it (air ride suspension)

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Passport just moved one for me...perfect!!!! On time and not a scratch.

Russ
Old 08-26-2011, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Do not use Gran Turismo which came recommended from here. They were days late, driver lied through his teeth.

I paid for enclosed and driver refused to come to my house after explaining day before he would be there. Never even called just never showed up. I have had about 35 car picked up at exact location. They sent flatbed with wheel lift to pick up my 2 cars, of course the wheel lift crunched the front of my Mini.

When it arrived they had damaged front suspension, broke shifter and taken parts off the car. Drivers where complete a holes and weren't even apologetic about damages instead blaming me. They changed their story about 5x as to what happened. Owner Ken is just as bad as he just put me of and stopped responding to emails.

I am out about $1000 with damages and rescheduling airline tickets. I have shipped about 50 cars in my lifetime and have NEVER had problems like this. I have never been outright lied to so many times. STAY AWAY!!

Ken if you respond I will gladly post line by line correspondence of the even more detailed story which is worse then the above.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Das is the best
Car Shipping | Auto Transport - Dependable Auto Shippers
Old 08-27-2011, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
DAS should be renamed NSDAS: Not-So Dependable Auto Shipping. They may be one of the biggest shipping companies in the country, but they once lost track of my car for 2-3 weeks, and it was only after I threatened to call in the car as stolen did they seem motivated to figure out where it was. (Online tracking my @$$.) 5 weeks coast-to-coast. I've shipped cars 6 times across the country, and this was the only time I had an incident.

For "best," I'd go with a company like Intercity. But I don't know if an MG warrants the cost. Or maybe it does.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I hate to say this but have used Intercity and while my car was unharmed it was delivered weeks later than promised due to storms in the Rockies, communication was poor. I am in the car business and ship exclusively through Automoveit ask for Vitaly he is a broker, very fair pricing you are placed with an independent and you get frequent updates by phone, text or e-mail. Please do your due diligence and protect yourself with any shipper. I have no pecuniary interest in recommending Vitaly just that I have shipped over a hundred cars with him open for dealer to dealer transport and enclosed for our specialty cars as well as my own 930.

"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: