Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Addict

911 TL Front Struts/Trans drain plug safety wired?

New to me 1986 911 Turbo Look with 49k on the odometer. Are the front strut housings interchangeable with the non turbo 911? At some point before me , a collision or pothole or ? bent either the strut housing or the strut itself. Can't get camber back into spec. I plan on replacing both but can't recall or find if the Turbo brake mounting points are the same or if there is any other differences. The other is in regards to a any member who may have done the first tranny fluid change in his 911's life. Shifting was a little hard ( even for a 915 ) so along with other items on the list , I changed the trans fluid. Upon removal of the drain plug, noticed it was safety wired to the clutch cable housing. During draining came to the realization that this may be it's first change. You really don't want to know how much "metal" was drained but suffice to say, sooner than later this trans will probably go bye-bye. Can't imagine a dealer that would resafety wire the drain plug on a street 911.

Last edited by Ruflife; 08-27-2011 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: