Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Looking for a set of Heads

In the middle of my rebuild and began second guessing the usability of my 'rebuilt' heads.

Had mine rebuilt by my machinest who didn't there would be any problem running these (I have three with the damage in the first pic) and two with the damage in the bottom. Thats 5 out of 6 heads for those keeping score at home! The brain trust on the engine rebuilding forum all seem to agree that these shouldn't be run. Too bad I already paid to have them rebuilt (water under the bridge).

Looking to see if what might be out there I could use as a replacement set. Would love to find a set that has been rebuilt but solid cores are fine. Also looking for a NEW suggestion for who I should have rebuild whatever I end up with.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

edbaus has a set for sale.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You really can't polish those out with a flapper wheel and have them decked to bring the CR back in line with what you are expecting??? Maybe it's just the picture, but it doesn't look that bad?
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 08-28-2011, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here's a close up of the worst one...

Old 08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Did they charge you to put those valve seats in? No one at the machine shop said anything to you?
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yes on the charge... nope on the other 'minor' issues. Didn't see them as having any real issue. The guy has a good reputation too.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
If you have three good ones I may have the other three but mine were ported to match a Carrera intake with new valves let me know if I can help.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 08-28-2011, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks Lincoln but while the other three are far better than the first, I think there is still damage that would be prohibitively expensive to repair over sourcing new cores. I spoke with Ollies this AM and have a vmail into Supertec. Unfortunately this is looking to be an expensive fix.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I have a set of Turbo Kraft injector blocks, if you are running larger than stock intake on your heads.
Stuart
Old 08-29-2011, 11:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thank all. I think I've got myself squared away.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

So what is the solution? Weld the heads or buy new cores? Inquiring minds want to know
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: