Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post

With the cams he was runing back then he made peak TQ at 4500rpm. A more agressive cam would probably move that up further. I think C2 cams make peak TQ around 5200rpm on a 930 and GT2 EVO's at around 6000rpm.

Seems to be more of a high performance tractor motor than a race motor.

Hi Keith.....

Your mentionned peak TQ point for NA C2 cams is depending of the rest of the setup , of the boost level and of the turbo capacity.

Under higher boost level the peak point is shifted to lower RPM.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Seems to be more of a high performance tractor motor than a race motor.

Keith-
I think this statement has more to do with answering your question in this thread.

As much as most like to think the 3.3L TURBO motor is a high performance race motor it really is more a torque monster like a tractor. Where was the racing program based on this motor – there wasn’t one. His formula appears to be the factory’s basic tractor engine configuration to an extreme. How? His site tells and shows you, with good old bore out and smooth out everything impacting fuel flow and mass airflow.

I see him observing years of factory performance development (plus adding his own) in exhaust and intake flowing, fueling and ignition that was established before today’s electronic controls made tuning ”easy”. Add that to boosting the engine to its knock limits everywhere. You can see his instrumentation and it suggests he monitors and optimizes each cylinder.

Concerning his claims based on an engine dyno, I’d go for engine dyno data over chassis any day.

Last edited by copbait73; 09-01-2011 at 03:51 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: