Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Blackbird Pilot

DZug 935 Chassis Brace $650

We worked out a better method of production to pass on our savings to our customers THE HARDCORE 930 ENTHUSIASTS! From $885 to $650

So in that spirit we dropped our price to as low as we can go now to give back to the community. Its the same hardcore brace THAT WE WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK IF IT DOES NOT TRANSFORM THE TURN IN AND CORNERING SPEEDS that we have been offering in the past we just partnered up with a more efficient fabricator.

And unlike some of the other guys around here - YES a chassis brace SHOULD transform your handling, and if their products can't "support" their reputation alone - whats the point?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There is nothing on a stock 911 chassis to bolt that to in the front.
Do you make and sell or include strong steel brackets that get welded into the front corners to mount it?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Fairman,
all mounting brackets are included, no welding required!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

To piggy back on what Pete said we made strong aluminum mounts that bolt to the front of the chassis in the corners of the tub.

We have tested in a 911, 930, 934 & 935 chassis and all have had the same striking results.

This mod is 100% reversible - it makes the front end pointy and the turn in is night and day.

Again we fully backup with a 100% money back offer.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

watch the installation video ...

DZ Chassis Brace Install Video - Car Videos on StreetFire

sound quality stinks but you'll get the point...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Do these work in a car with the ST/RSR brackets?

911S Snake afternoon Fahren 010

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Unfortunately they do not...
Old 09-13-2011, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it.

Garage
Gabe,

Will this fit in a car with a FuelSafe 27 gallon tank (the one made for are cars not just a tank stuffed in there)?
77 Euro 911 3.0 Wide Body - under construction
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rennsport/collections/72157618856489537/
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post

Out of curiosity, how do you get the spare out?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Jones, on the fitment of the fuel safe cell, you need a full 2" clearance below the fender line as the X stays right with that. If you could email me some side shots with measurements from the top of the fender liner to the tank I could make a better call. Please email me at reaper@d-zug.us

As far as getting to the spare tire the leg over the tire has a joint in it like the factory cars had to access the battery and oil tank lines.

You simply use the allen bolts on the joint and unbolt from the front fender corner and voila in a few minutes you have complete access to the spare tire!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Ok, I have a question too.

I watched the video, but in my office could not hear the audio very well, but it seems that you need to chisel out the little sheet metal lips from the hood seal support piece.

Easy enough & no big deal.

However what do you do with the hood release cable tube??

Furthermore, I couldn't care less about access to any worthless collapsible spare tire, so any cost savings for eliminating the removable bar section?

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 09-14-2011 at 12:45 PM..
Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I am a bit afraid if the solution of bolting the brackets in the front cornes with the flare bolts is a good idea. Seems a bit weak to me... As far I can see on the pics, you are using two bolts for each bracket, stock body screws?

Further, how do you compensate different angles of camber at the strut brace bracket, there is no articulation point I can see?

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list

Last edited by proffighter; 09-14-2011 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Blackbird Pilot

This is not for camber adjusted cars - eventually we plan to work a camber adjustment system into the brace but for now, its for a stock camber setup.

Well the front bolt solution is to keep transferring load pressure on the nose of the car, there will not be extreme loads put on these brackets but their ability to tie the chassis together is what makes all the difference. There is simply no other way to keep it reversible with another mounting method. But as listed prior, this setup does work as many can testify to, and we offer a 100% money back offer with the brace. If you don't think it lives up to our billing, send it back for a full refund no strings.

If you want a more permanent solution we can give you steel plates to weld in to the front corners at a slight increase in cost.

I designed the method of attachment and can say a few engineers looked at the setup with no suggestions. If you have any input i'd be more than happy to learn from your experiences! Email or post up at funfgruppen.com/forums - my email is reaper@d-zug.us

Last edited by Reaper930; 09-15-2011 at 05:49 AM..
Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Mark,

Actually all you chisel away is factory undercoating that is sometimes around the top of the strut tower - there is still factory paint underneath so it's just making a flat surface to mount the plate. Usually it's a small amount that takes just a few minutes to remove.

Concerning the hood cable, there is one spot weld at the front on the drivers side that you will need to break via hammer & chisel.
Once you pop the weld you can move the tube out of the way slightly to make room for the bracket.

Quote:
Ok, I have a question too.

I watched the video, but in my office could not hear the audio very well, but it seems that you need to chisel out the little sheet metal lips from the hood seal support piece.

Easy enough & no big deal.

However what do you do with the hood release cable tube??

Furthermore, I couldn't care less about access to any worthless collapsible spare tire, so any cost savings for eliminating the removable bar section?

Mark
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

To add, you only break the spot weld for the trunk release cable on the early cars...In the 80's porsche went to a plastic piece that simply needs to be moved out of the way.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey Reaper930,

Thanks for the info, saving my $ as we speak. Have 8 Craig's list ads running, getting rid of clutter.....
But I need to do a complete clutch first...eerrgghhh!

Mark
Old 09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I'm interested in one - but after I get the car back on the road. Any pulley news?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Pullys are at anodizing shop and will be out in the next few days!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: