Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
tranny,engine rebuild update

so i went down today and drove my car car. some of you may have been following my thread. "had the engine and tranny dropped" besides rebuilding the engine... i had the cams reprofiled to SC and the euro fuel lines and fuel head put back in. HOLY CRAP!!!! i thought the car was fast before! THe low end is almost not low anymore! i scared myself getting on the freeway for a test run and did not notice where the boost kicks in now but man does it kick! its like its not even the same car. THanks to Brian at Rarely l8 for the fuel system stuff and setting it up so well. THere are a few little things to finish up but man its running better than i bet it ever has.

one question on the boost gauge. i have the stock one and i know most everyone does not like them due to inaccuracy... but i did notice that it seems to bounce a little bit when its coming on, which it did not do before? the tec says its most likely the sender? anything else to look for?

also if anyone has a intercooler like mine where is the line coming out the back terminate? i have the larger intercooler and the line i am referring to is through the sensor on the back, se
there is a banjo bolt that goes through that opening and there was a line coming off of it that was to go to a fuel enrichment i am told(i got rid off all of that stuff) now the line has no where to go?
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 09-14-2011, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Cap it since you got rid of that junk!!! Congrats, by the way. You sounds like a really happy dude! That was an awesome build thread and I probably speak for others when I say I am really happy for you that it turned out better than you expected!!!
Now post some dang video

Oh by the way, you just really encouraged me because short of the IC, I have SC profiled cams and the bigger turbo on my Frederick Project and I can't wait to feel my kidneys get bruised by the kick!!!
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: