Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Phil,
Is this the car lowmilehasbeen was selling in Vegas? I saw it sold on eBay for 79k
Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Are you looking for Factory Slant Nose only or will an after market RUF Upgrade get it done. Here is a front shot of mine. I like the oil cooler in the front idea and I notice that it runs a little cooler here in Florida. Mine does not have an electric fan but if I found myself doing rush hour traffic, I would add it.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 09-16-2011, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986911 View Post
Ok, they are Triplets

I had the same issue and the switch on top of the oil cooler went bad. It would not send the signal to turn on the fan when the oil got hot. What year is your car and is it a factory slant? I ask this because I can look at the wiring on mine and show you how to "jump" the switch so you know if its your fan went bad or your switch. But before this, I would start by changing the fuse and swaping the relay with a known good one.

Sweet car!
thank you! it's an 87 factory slant...
Old 09-16-2011, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Welcome another NY 930 owner. We all need to have a meet up someday! As far as a mechanic I have been using Niles and Junior two brothers that worked for Rick Deman and took over his shop in Nyack. They are clean and do what they say they are going to do in a reasonable amount of time. The name of their business is Speedwerk. Their # is 845-512-8770. If you decide to come up PM me and maybe we could meet there. Tim
Old 09-16-2011, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Mine is conversion so it only has a front mounted oil cooler and it heats up in bumper to bumper traffic like that. I have had it kill the oil pressure sender several times due to the radiant heat from the exhaust sytem just a few inches away. So it's pretty scarry the first time watching oil temp go through the roof then suddenly no oil presure indicated.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-16-2011, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Also, make sure all your tins are in place, heater hoses connected or plugged, engine tin seals are good.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmendo View Post
Also, make sure all your tins are in place, heater hoses connected or plugged, engine tin seals are good.
Is it easy to renew engine tin seals?
My rear one is hard + partialy broken...
It looks not easy to get it out + in.

Falk
Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

you have to lower the engine several inches to get at it. i'm pretty carefull to keep mine in good shape for the above listed reason. It's easy in a big city to get stuck in a traffic jam for a couple hours and move less than a mile. At the end of that things are pretty hot including the clutch. I have also had to replace a lot of the wiring at the back of the engine for the same reason all the insulation being cooked and brittle.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie1 View Post
Phil,
Is this the car lowmilehasbeen was selling in Vegas? I saw it sold on eBay for 79k
same car, but i didn't buy it for 79k!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by philt68 View Post
hi everyone...first of all, just got my slant nose this week, and have been very excited to drive it...

BUT...i have a question please...

i was driving for about 40 mins, (i live in manhattan) and most of it was miserable traffic, and the temp needle really got up there! is that normal? see pic..

thanks for the help!

phil
Try his...??

Aux Fan Engine Lid Location Opinion

Thermostatic switch "taped" to the hot side line/pipe to the front oil cooler..?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
I cant see why i oil cooler should not fit under the fender on a slantnose?

Loks like it will not fit a slantnose

The old one on my car which have the usual front fenders and not the slantnose fenders

Last edited by MrShades; 09-19-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Seems that moving horns and welding/bolting the bracket to tip the cooler could get a fit. It would take more space but I feel It wouldwork. Tip the top back and move the front forward to angle it. A fan would also fit.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Oops, forgot about the lines. Wouldn't work easy.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
If you cut off the top of the plastic(see the picture)and have the oil hoses made with a bend(see under where the hoses are attached to the cooler)it should work
Make to sharp bends on the cooler that will clear the front fender

Last edited by MrShades; 09-19-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Hearsay until we see a picture...

here ya go
Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
you have the twin of my car.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: