Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Good price on 5W-40 Synthetic...some questions.

I just bought 3 gallons of 5W-40 Delo Synthetic(API SM rated, just like Mobil 1, and Castrol Syntec) from Kragen/O' Reily's at $25.99/gallon, which should do a single oil change for the next 4 months on my 'stock' 3.3L

I switch around to find whatever synthetic is on sale(such as the Castrol 5W-40 & Mobil 1). One thing I have found in both my Toyota and Porsche(and I have not tried this syn DELO yet, since it's the first I have seen it) is the Castrol seems to stay cleaner on both cars when I check the occassional dip-stick level. Mobil-1 seems to get dirtier quicker on both cars, so I wonder if it's as good as touted.

Anyone else note when you place a non-Porsche filter and one next to it(such as the Mobil 1 oil filter, the MANN filter has 8 outer holes to mate up inlet/outlet of flow for the filter, where as the Mobil 1 filter only had 4(not good). Luckily I have 1 extra factory filter to do the job tonight, but it makes me wonder if using anything but the factory oil filter(such as a Fram also) might strain/stress the oil pump, or compromise the oil pressure in some way.

Anyway, hope I don't cause a Valdez on this oil change.

Peace!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: